World War 2 in minutes

Posted by Monza972 
World War 2 in minutes
Date: April 21, 2009 11:06PM
Posted by: Monza972
Does anyone have that image of that World War 2 in minutes? It was that big comic thing. I've tried the search function but can't seem to remember the thread title :(

Help?
Re: World War 2 in minutes
Date: April 21, 2009 11:10PM
Posted by: Vader
How can "minutes" account for up to 60 million dead people?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 21, 2009 11:12PM
Posted by: Naboo
vader are you being serious or pedantic?

"Arguing on the internet is like taking part in the Special Olympics...Even if you win you're still retarded"
Date: April 21, 2009 11:13PM
i just posted in it to bring it to the front :)

"Arguing on the internet is like taking part in the Special Olympics...Even if you win you're still retarded"
Date: April 22, 2009 12:00AM
Posted by: Monza972
Vader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How can "minutes" account for up to 60 million
> dead people?

I didn't want to mean it in that way, I was just looking for it because my teacher overhead me talking about it this morning and was interested in it.

Edit: Thanks Naboo :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2009 12:01AM by Monza972.
Date: April 22, 2009 12:29AM
Naboo Wrote:
> vader are you being serious or pedantic?

I am always serious.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 22, 2009 07:41PM
I bet you are :)

Date: April 22, 2009 09:29PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Vader Wrote:
> How can "minutes" account for up to 60 million
> dead people?

I don't think any understatement about WWII can quite match the official Irish term for it: The Emergency.
Date: April 22, 2009 10:56PM
The Lopper Wrote:
> I don't think any understatement about WWII can
> quite match the official Irish term for it: The
> Emergency.

HALF THE CROWD above in the digs are off to Arklow for a week on Tursda. On their holliers, you know.

I see. Is your relative travelling also?

The brother? Not at all man. Yerrah not at all. Shure the brother can't leave town.

Is that a fact? Why not?

The brother has to stop in town for the duration of the emergency. The Government does be callin the brother for consultations. Of course that's just between you and me and Jack Mum. The brother gave a promise to a certain party not to leave town during the emergency. He has to stand by. Because if something happened that could only be fixed up by the brother, how could your men be chasin after him on the telephone down to Strand Street, Skerries, where he goes every year to the married sister's?

Admittedly that would be awkward

Sure you couldn't have that, man. You can't run a country that way.

I agree.

You couldn't have that at all. And do you know what I'm going to tell you, if ould Ireland isn't kept out of this business that's goin on, it won't be the brother's fault. And all the time he'll keep the Guards right, too. The ould weather-eye never leaves them boyos, no matter what consultations he's called in on. They needn't think they can take it easy because he's busy. He has an eye at present time on a certain boyo in plain clothes.

I see.

I was thinking of takin a week myself in August. Down as far as Bettystown with Charlie. Would you say that'd be all right?

I think the nation would be reasonable safe, especially since your relative has undertaken to remain in the capital.

Begob I think you're right, I think I'll chance it. Here's me bus. Cheers.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 25, 2009 09:35PM
:) What's this excerpt from?
Date: April 25, 2009 11:16PM
My all time favourite author Flann O'Brien. Apart from writing outrageous novels he whad his daily satirical column Cruiskeen Lawn (Cruiscín Lán) in the Irish Times for almost 30 years using the pseudonym Myles na gCopaleen (being a civil servant he wasn't allowed to publish under his real name).

Try to get "The Best of Myles" or buy his novels (At Swimn-Two-Birds; The Third Policeman; The Dalkey Archives; The Hard Life; An Béal Bocht/The Poor Mouth). Or maybe you can get an audiobook of "Thirst", his only drama.

"At Swim-Two-Birds" was one of the last novels James Joyce read in his life - with the aid of a magnifying glass in his self chosen exile in Paris. He enjoyed it very much. I simply love Irish literature of the early 20th century.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 26, 2009 02:17AM
I guessed it was Flann O'Brien alright, was it an extract from an article or one of his books? I've read An Béal Bocht which was a great book, particularly if you've read An t-Oileánach and had the misfortune to read Peig Sayers before, but the one I'm really looking forward to is The Third Policeman; I've already bought it, but it's waiting in line behind Wuthering Heights, Shampoo Planet and Lord of the Flies. College hasn't really afforded me the time to read the classics I thought it might. :) This summer I'll get round to them all.
Date: April 26, 2009 11:09AM
It's from his columns.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy