Shortcut keys and all that stuff

Posted by Fincent 
Shortcut keys and all that stuff
Date: February 01, 2009 03:17AM
Posted by: Fincent
Quick question, there's probably an answer but it's late and I can't work it out myself at the moment lol. Basically I'm using a music program (Media Player/VLC, either, doesnt make a difference) to stream a selection of online radio stations whilst I'm in game (be it rFactor or Test Drive Unlimited). When the media program is up, the shortcuts work perfect. In VLC it's CTRL and then arrow keys for volume and next/previous track. The problem is when I then load up the game, the shortcuts for the media program dont work!

Is there any way of getting the keyboard shortcuts for one program to work whilst running another? :)

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Re: Shortcut keys and all that stuff
Date: February 01, 2009 12:00PM
Posted by: Monza972
I've always used windows media player whilst i used to play Midtown Madness 2 and use the keys which are on the top of the keyboard such as the Play/Pause, Stop and such.
Date: February 01, 2009 01:01PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
I've sent you a PM, but Autohotkey ([www.autohotkey.com]) could be the thing you're after. :)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: February 02, 2009 12:30AM
Posted by: Fincent
Cheers turkey, it seemed to do the trick but the coding was too hard to crack without spending a good few days learning it inside out lol. Turns out that winamp has global shorcuts that work inside any program :) so now I'm using that in the background and have CTRL and left/right arrows for next/previous and CTRL and up/down for volume. Works out brilliantly!

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy