I've dumped Firefox

Posted by mortal 
I've dumped Firefox
Date: January 29, 2009 08:18AM
Posted by: mortal
Forced to switch to Google Chrome. I have Vista Home 32bit and Firefox hangs, it sits there like it's working but really, no one is home. When I shut it down, it wont restart because it says there's another instance running.
So I use the task manager to kill the process. Nope, no way will it kill it. The only way is a forced reboot, and I can't even restart from the menu, it just sits there doing nothing, completely out to lunch. I have to reset using the button on the case.
After a week of this, and my scans have turned up nothing in the way of malware or trojans, I give up.
Chrome it is.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: I've dumped Firefox
Date: January 29, 2009 09:41AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
wierd, had FF on vista for over 2 years now, and not a single problem!

Date: January 29, 2009 09:43AM
Posted by: gav
That's nice to know.

Restart, go to %appdata%\ and rename or move the Firefox profile, start Firefox and see what happens. If it's a corrupt profile then Firefox will start normally, but you'll be missing your preferences, bookmarks and the like.
Date: January 29, 2009 09:52AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's nice to know.

it is isnt it.

I am also aware it completed your day knowing that

Date: January 29, 2009 09:55AM
Posted by: gav
I was referring to the thread title. ;)
Date: January 29, 2009 10:14AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
I dumped a firefox once. Sure felt like it, anyway. Damn curry
Date: January 29, 2009 10:33AM
I'll give it a try Gav, although I did read somewhere that it doesn't help much.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 29, 2009 10:57AM
Deleted the profile, it just created a new one, complete with all my bookmarks. I've uninstalled it, will download 3.0 and try that.

Date: January 29, 2009 11:03AM
HAHAHAHA, Chrome tells me downloading this type of file can harm my computer. :-)

Date: January 29, 2009 11:26AM
Posted by: chet
MikaHalpinen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I dumped a firefox once. Sure felt like it,
> anyway. Damn curry

rofl.
and roflmao, "downloading this type of file can harm my computer"

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy