Where do you park?

Posted by sasjag 
Where do you park?
Date: September 02, 2008 05:59PM
Posted by: sasjag
so just took my mom shopping, and she complained because i always park out of the way. i try to choose a spot where there are no cars, or at least 3 spaces so i can slot in the middle, or next to a kerb/wall (but not trolley parks :P) she says its weird, but i do it at work as well, even though it means an extra 5min walk.

i do it because i dont want my car to get scratched/dented/hit, does anyone else do this, or have any weird parking habits?

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Re: Where do you park?
Date: September 02, 2008 06:03PM
Posted by: n00binio
i do the same, i also don´t want my car to be hit when others open their doors without paying attention.
Date: September 02, 2008 06:36PM
Posted by: chet
I do because I cant park for sh1t.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 02, 2008 08:00PM
Posted by: harjinator
same as Chet... i used to drive an estate and pranged the back end of it numerous times while parking (nothing major, just collected a few paint 'samples'...) I'm better at Bay parking now though in my Corolla-getting lots of practice though, cos i'm driving every day now

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: September 02, 2008 08:42PM
Posted by: Sapo
Here:

Never had any accidents. But I am a really good at parking.

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: September 02, 2008 09:54PM
Posted by: SHEEPY
i park in the parent and child spots when driving me parents to the shops.

or disabled spots when taking me grandparents :P

well funny ya have to do around 50mph in a supermarket carpark to get a disabled spot because the old people are well mental if they see a spot free :P
Date: September 02, 2008 10:07PM
you, sir, are an idiot

Sim

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: September 03, 2008 01:21AM
Posted by: Zcott
You guys are mad. I guess you also take up two spaces and think nothing of taking a disabled space?

Date: September 03, 2008 02:33AM
Posted by: danm
my brother uses a wheelchair (brittle bones) and we've actually managed to be so sarcastic to snotty nosed men and women in their audis and bmws that theyve been embarassed and driven out of the spot somewhere else when caught.

its quite amusing, but they should be more considerate. asda is funny, they use to have electronic devices on those spots that activated a voice loudspeaker when u parked on top of a space saying if you needed it or not, then bugger off. everyone around can hear you - quite a good idea. never seen it anywhere else though, only watford.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: September 03, 2008 02:55AM
yeah i'd never park in a disabled space. both my dad and one of my uncles are disabled, and i know how much of a pain it can be when one isn't available. i also only take up one space, i feel embaressed if i'm not even parked straight!

Sim

Date: September 03, 2008 09:11AM
Posted by: J i m
I park where there is a space unless it's a double yellow, permit holders only, disabled or parents with kid's bay.

I usually reverse into a bay and try make sure that I'm relatively straight and central, which is usually dependant on how well the cars in the bays next to are parked, if some idiot has parked right on the line or at quite an angle then with the best will in the world you can't put your car in the bay in the text book way.

And if the offending car next to you leaves first it leaves you looking like the sloppy parker!

I'd never park in a disabled bay, nor a parents bay. Although I have to say I do disagree with the need for a parents bay. Plenty of people walk into towns with pushchairs and children, why some people need to be a couple of metres closer to a supermarket door is beyond me.

Elsewhere I really hate people who park in stupid places on the road, too close to the mouth of a junction or on a corner for example.
Date: September 03, 2008 11:41AM
Posted by: n00binio
i worked for an transportation service for disabled persons for about a year and i´ve seen more cars being parked in spots for disabled persons without permission than cars in such spots with permission. i often thought to simply call the police. most people don´t realize that the distance to the shop or what ever is not the problem - spots for disabled are much wider and you need that space to get a wheelchair out of the car or back into it.
Date: September 03, 2008 12:02PM
Posted by: red 5
and when they park at the sidewalk? My brother is blind and he gets into all kind of trouble when there is car parked on the sidewalk. When you do not have disabled person in your fammily you cannot realy tell what it takes to live with it, it is not the blindness itself, but the enviroment that can very often be unprepared for disabled people, and people tend to ignore them. But all they try to do is to live normal, just like us. And my brother is doing just that, he has a job, he wakls freely form home to the job, pub whatever, but he expect free sidewalk, if sidewalk is not free he is confused.

BTW: he is also enjoying this forum, as wierd as it sounds it is true.

EDit: with my help offcourse

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2008 12:02PM by red 5.
Date: September 04, 2008 01:22AM
Posted by: SHEEPY
lol i ment i was aloud to park in the disabled spots coz both my grandparents are disabled and have the proper cards displayed
Date: September 04, 2008 08:59AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
And I suppose your parents are children?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 04, 2008 11:14AM
Posted by: MattB
I park where theres a space....

Date: September 04, 2008 01:16PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
Date: September 04, 2008 01:42PM
Posted by: Glyn
I'm not usually bothered where I park but if there's an option I'll always go for a space where there's gaps either side, or a space that's a drive thru. I never park right at the front though as it's usually to much hassle squeezing into the space. Parking next to the trolley thing is a nono unless you want an enourmous dent in the wing.

Date: September 04, 2008 02:20PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
DaveEllis schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And I suppose your parents are children?

hes a child himself ;-)

Date: September 04, 2008 02:22PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Touche.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy