Bought a book...

Posted by Monza972 
Bought a book...
Date: December 01, 2007 11:53PM
Posted by: Monza972
anyway, as my birthday pressie my parents bought me the book "The Edge of Greatness" - Michael Schumacher by James Allen. I've read the first chapter right now and will be starting the second one later on as i had a bit of hwk but by god its interesting!

It's all in the point of James Allen looking from Michael's point of view... It has all the stuff on what happened right after Monaco incident last year...

I'll tell you guys more when I read on...

Cya

Edit for typos (as i'm so ruddy bloated)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2007 11:54PM by Monza972.
Re: Bought a book...
Date: December 02, 2007 03:30AM
Posted by: Zcott
Ever tried reading a non-F1 book?

Date: December 02, 2007 12:41PM
Posted by: Red_Bull
Yeah, I've read that book, and it is excellent. A great insight into the man and what drove him over the 16 years of his F1 career.

Date: December 02, 2007 12:49PM
Posted by: chet
Zcott Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ever tried reading a non-F1 book?

?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: December 02, 2007 01:00PM
Posted by: Muks_C
i've seen it for £10.87 at Asda but wasn't tempted. been looking to get it cheaper on ebay.

yesterday a copy signed by James went for only £6.99!!! i guess the value decreases if it's been signed by The Cock ;)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: December 02, 2007 01:11PM
Posted by: Monza972
i bought it for about 18.99 as it was a hardback edition...

lol muks ;)
Date: December 02, 2007 01:16PM
Posted by: Muks_C
yeah so are the ones in Asda and so was the signed one on ebay, with an embossed dustjacket.

the paperback ones are only about £5 on ebay.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: December 02, 2007 01:20PM
Posted by: gav
I read very few F1 books. They're normally so dull and lifeless - corporate machines telling us what we already know - F1 drivers are possibly the least interesting people on the planet. Reading about an F1 career from an observers point of view only decreases my interest more. I'm sure it's a good book though - apparently he's had a few good ones. I've only read a handful of decent F1 books - Perry McCarthy's Flat Out, Flat Broke, Racing Stewart: The Birth of a Grand Prix Team and Prof Sid's Life at the Limit (and Murray's autobiography, if that counts). Of the ones I remember every other has been dire and filled with things we already knew.

We get cheap books at work (like paying 25% cheap) and I'm about to grab Sir Ranulph Fiennes autobiography. Now that should be a good read.
Date: December 02, 2007 01:28PM
Posted by: chet
Muks_C Wrote:
> yesterday a copy signed by James went for only
> £6.99!!! i guess the value decreases if it's been
> signed by The Cock ;)

;)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: December 03, 2007 10:23AM
Posted by: gary42
Sid's second book - Beyond the Limit - is also pretty good Gav

Date: December 03, 2007 12:40PM
Posted by: red 5
good read:

Date: December 03, 2007 05:41PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Seconded. I just wish there was a newer edition.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: December 04, 2007 10:01AM
Posted by: red 5
@turkey machine
no need for new issue of that book. Because IMO the strength of that book is in its description of
early days of grand prix racing. Apart from early days (pre f1) book covers every f1 season from
1950 to 1996. There is no need to cover 1997-2007 because there are handfull of books on that seasons
already and besides 1997 on is an internet era so everithying you want to know is already somewhere
on the web, and not to mention dozens of magazines, etc...

@Gav, if you think F1 drivers are dull and lifeless, read about this guy:

[en.wikipedia.org]

Date: December 04, 2007 11:52AM
Posted by: gav
red 5 Wrote:
> @Gav, if you think F1 drivers are dull and
> lifeless, read about this guy:
>
> [en.wikipedia.org]
> rt

Dude, he died in 1964! I never said, but I do mean the current corporate machines rather than those from the past. I've nothing against those who used to race. :)
Date: December 06, 2007 09:01PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
motogp is like how f1 used to be (although even it seems to be becoming more corporate :()

H E L L O
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy