There's someting wrong with this site

Posted by [FIN]Räkä 
There's someting wrong with this site
Date: August 12, 2007 11:38PM
Posted by: [FIN]Räkä
Ok, I know the servers are expensive to maintain and you are doing this for free but downloads are quite slow, about 5 kb/s. Also when I try to download something from the old file archive, I get error message saying:

"[2048]: Non-static method DB::connect() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context - /var/www/gpg_old/htdocs/core/ModBase.php - 14".

Please fix that error. Thanks in advance. :)
Re: There's someting wrong with this site
Date: August 13, 2007 03:40AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
i'll fix it later.

after you donate

Date: August 13, 2007 12:42PM
Posted by: mortal
Yeah, well the new server is going to set back Stephan more than 3000 euros, keeping in mind he could just call it quits and pull the plug on the site. We all know about the problems with the current server, so hang in there ok. Don't forget to donate, nothing is for free <sigh>
I'll let you know when we get the donation Neil, then you can dive in and fix it :-) lol

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 13, 2007 02:12PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
(Y) cheers mortal ;)

Date: August 15, 2007 05:33PM
Posted by: Guimengo
And if people don't want to donate, they could click on the google ads and browse for a little bit the pages of the sites. Of course don't click on all of them, have to be reasonable.
Date: August 15, 2007 05:35PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
tbh, most of us use Firefox or Opera and therefore have the ads blocked.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 15, 2007 11:06PM
Posted by: mortal
The new server is not too far away, so that should sort out the speed problems and maybe some others ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 16, 2007 02:30AM
Posted by: chet
I feel rude that I havent yet brought a mug or anything. And considering I use this place alot, i think I should. I will get round to it this week hopefully!!!!!!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 16, 2007 05:21AM
Posted by: Guimengo
donating will give the site more money than buying the mug, but buying the mug will give you a mug and some money to the site. I have firefox but I still see the ads just above the reply box and I click on some that sound remotely interesting
Date: August 16, 2007 11:30AM
Posted by: turkey_machine
The site's doing it's favourite magic trick again...... freezing the home page to something out of date! Is there a definite cause and solution for this?

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: August 16, 2007 12:37PM
Posted by: Muks_C
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I feel rude that I havent yet brought a mug or
> anything. And considering I use this place alot, i
> think I should. I will get round to it this week
> hopefully!!!!!!

where haven't you brought the mug to? where did you intend to bring it? will you bring it later on?

it still amazes me that people don't know the difference between "bought" and "brought".

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 16, 2007 12:43PM
Posted by: gav
Muks_C Wrote:
> it still amazes me that people don't know the
> difference between "bought" and "brought".

Does the spelling of dyslexia astound you too? Not everyone has amazing English skills. It's a forum ffs. Just be thankful he's not talking in l33t or txt.
Date: August 16, 2007 12:45PM
Posted by: Nickv
But Chet is English, you'd expect him to know his own language, don't you? ;)
Date: August 16, 2007 12:46PM
sor-ree!

Date: August 16, 2007 12:53PM
Nickv Wrote:
> But Chet is English, you'd expect him to know his
> own language, don't you? ;)

Are all Dutch grammatically perfect?
Date: August 16, 2007 12:55PM
Posted by: Nickv
Yes, of course we are :P

Not all of course, but I think knowing the difference between two very different verbs is quite essential.
Date: August 16, 2007 01:02PM
Do you know that Chet isn't dyslexic? I don't. Chances are he's not, but even so, why prejudge? I'm hardly Chet's biggest fan, as the years have shown, but this is a forum. A tiny insignificant part of your educational life. I'm sure if he wanted to Chet would have taken the time to read through his post before he clicked the button, but it makes no difference. It's not like it's a CV or anything. I hadn't even noticed until Muk's pointed it out.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who types out the wrong word (with increasing frequency, worryingly) in these places, and not just small mistakes. I've noticed entire words missing, so Chet's got a long way to fall yet. ;)

Oh BTW, I've both bought a mug and donated. The quality of the mug's impressed me too - it's now my #1 mug! :D
Date: August 16, 2007 04:10PM
Posted by: chet
Haha.
My IT teacher at college said I could pass for being dyslexic, and he said, he would tell my form tutor so that I would get extra time in exams if I wanted/needed.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 16, 2007 05:23PM
you don't appear to be dyslexic from your writing here, you've just jumbled a couple of words around that's all.

Date: August 16, 2007 05:48PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Oh bugger me, grammar nazis ahoy. I love when grammar nazis post but leave out basic stuff like capital letters and other such stuff.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy