old PC problem come alive again

Posted by assadof1 
old PC problem come alive again
Date: April 10, 2007 11:25AM
Posted by: assadof1
hi i got this problem along time ago and i think a post about here before but nothing come right, anyway my problem again is that my computer keep freezing
when i use any game specially racing games when the picture are moving faster
then other games i use to play stuff like fifa 07 or MOHA2 or call of duty 2
with out a problem but games like F1 2003 or Gp4 or NFS or GTR keep freezing after from 3 to 5 minute the picture freez and the sound keep working for few second then the whole pc restart it self and need about 5 to 10 minutes to work
again, now this is happening for any game including the one that use to work before... i don't know it heating a problem or not but buying a new fan and heat
sink will be expinsive so i need to know that it will work right if i get it.

and by the way i checked the event viewer after the freezing and i always get
those two errors

any suggestion

speed freak
Re: old PC problem come alive again
Date: April 10, 2007 01:04PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
turn off the automatic time updater in the clock settings?

Only thing i can think of. tho that shouldnt cause the pc to crash

mhy suggestion, wait for gav ;)

Date: April 10, 2007 01:30PM
Posted by: mortal
Turn of the time updater as Neil suggested or add a time server that is accessible. I'd do a time server lookup manually anyway. Fix that problem first then test again. Then wait for gav ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 10, 2007 01:57PM
Poor gav.

Date: April 10, 2007 02:45PM
Posted by: gav
:( ;)

For your specific problems assadof1, I've no idea. About your PC's, it does sound like overheating. Is there a blue screen of death (BSOD) or any restarting, or does it literally just freeze? If it's just freezing then I'd guess it was the graphics card overheating, as if it was the CPU, it would normally BSOD or automatically restart. Does your graphics card have a fan? Is it working? With the info I have it sounds like you need a better graphics card cooler as the default isn't adequate (guessing it's got pretty hot there recently?). Give me your graphics card model and I'll check out what should work for it - whether you could get it where you live is another matter.

Time servers:

Most get those time server errors. I've no idea why - perhaps the default server has gone down for a while. Just turn it off*, but it's got nothing to do with any crashes.

* Double-click the clock in the bottom right (or where ever you have it) > hit the Internet Time tab > untick Automatically synchronize with an Internet time server

If you do want automatic synchronising, I'm sure there's plenty of other servers out there - even some routers provide this functionality. There's a list here for specific regions (just copy and paste one of names you use into the Server box): NTP servers. Obviously I use the UK one (Europe > uk.pool.ntp.org). That will let the host decide which UK server to use. You can use a specific server if you choose, in which case you might use Europe > United Kingdom > 1.europe.pool.ntp.org - there normally won't be a need for this though :)
Date: April 11, 2007 02:13AM
well ok... i don't have the blue screen it just freez then it restart it self, and yes my graphic card have a fan snf it's working beside this my second VGA in this motherboard at the begning i thought it's the VGA problem so i change it but i still have the same problem.

i tried to touch some places in the board to know where is the heating come from i find the cpu sink and the vga sink are good but i found that the mother board chip sink are more hotter then the cpu and the vga and i don't have a fan on it.

and by the way my VGA is gefore 6600LE and my motherboard is asrock

and now i just tried what u tell me about but it didn't work still
freezing....!

speed freak
Date: April 12, 2007 01:44AM
hello anyone still there

speed freak
Date: April 12, 2007 01:57AM
Posted by: Vader
Do you have a VIA chip on your mainboard?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 12, 2007 07:04AM
assadof1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hello anyone still there

Nah i have gone home.

Date: April 12, 2007 11:03AM
yes vader, i guess this is my motherboard

the same one as in this link
[www.asrock.com]

speed freak
Date: April 12, 2007 01:32PM
Posted by: gav
It's the heatsinks that aren't getting hot that should be your 1st worry. They're supposed to. That they are staying cool suggests that the chips they are supposed to be cooling might not be making full contact with them.

If the motherboard heatsink (the silver one above) is getting so hot that you struggle to touch it, then yeah, it probably needs some airflow going over it. If your case has poor circulation, stick a slow-moving fan somewhere near that heatsink (bolt it to the case if necessary) to direct some air towards it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy