Rocket in Anal Disaster

Posted by Red Sam 
Rocket in Anal Disaster
Date: November 09, 2006 10:48PM
Posted by: Red Sam
From BBC News:

A man suffered internal burns when he tried to launch a rocket from his bottom on Bonfire Night.

Paramedics found the 22-year-old bleeding, with a Black Cat Thunderbolt Rocket lodged inside him, when they attended the scene in Sunderland.

He suffered a scorched colon and is now recovering in hospital, where his condition is described as stable.

A spokesman for the North East Ambulance Service (NEAS) said the prank could have been fatal.

Douglas McDougal, from the NEAS, said: "We received a call stating there was a male who had a firework in his bottom and it was bleeding.

"He sustained fairly significant injuries in the fact that there's huge damage to that particular area."

'Beyond belief'

Mr McDougal added: "Potentially it could have been a fatal incident.

"There's a lot of major blood vessels round that area, so infection would probably be a huge problem for him.

"And also the body naturally produces methane gas, so combine that with the firework and the exploding effect with methane's flammability - it certainly could have been a lot worse than it really was."

A spokesman for the Firework Association described the bizarre prank as "beyond belief".

He said: "We have spent a long time working with the government to create laws that make fireworks safer and better for the public.

"This incident is very concerning but hopefully an isolated one."

Northumbria Police said they were aware of the incident, which happened in the Dame Dorothy Street area of Monkwearmouth, but are understood not to be carrying out further inquiries.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Re: Rocket in Anal Disaster
Date: November 09, 2006 10:53PM
Posted by: Vader

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 10, 2006 12:31AM
Posted by: madotteя
They did this stunt on Jackass, so i guess he thought it would be "cleaver" to do it infront of his mates when in reality he has wasted the time of the paramedics and is now sitting in a much needed NHS bed when he doesnt need to be. Nice.
Date: November 10, 2006 01:26AM
to be fair, he might be sitting in an NHS bed, but his arse is sitting all over his back garden....

RedSam

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: November 10, 2006 02:39AM
Posted by: Peat
comic gold

Date: November 10, 2006 10:47AM
Posted by: kizz360
rofl what a goon

btw

cleaver? you mean clever

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2006 10:47AM by kizz360.
Date: November 10, 2006 02:02PM
Posted by: Senna
This guy really needs to stop watching Jackass...

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Date: November 10, 2006 02:22PM
Posted by: Red_Bull
Red Sam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> to be fair, he might be sitting in an NHS bed, but
> his arse is sitting all over his back garden....

Lovely...

Date: November 10, 2006 05:36PM
Posted by: LS.
Senna Wrote:
> This guy really needs to stop watching Jackass...

he's gone from Jackass to blackass

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: November 10, 2006 05:56PM
Posted by: Senna
LS. Wrote:
> Senna Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > This guy really needs to stop watching
> Jackass...
>
> he's gone from Jackass to blackass

LMAO ;)

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Date: November 10, 2006 05:59PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
when i heard this story on the radio yesterday i nearly died laughing lol i was amazed the news reader managed to read it without laughing

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: November 10, 2006 06:14PM
If anyone can listen again, either to radio 2 from Thursday at 11am, or todays Chris Moyles show (they played it), there is indeed a newsreader who couldnt help but laugh!

RedSam

Date: November 10, 2006 06:22PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Yep, Ken Bruce was surprised that the item got left out of the 10am news, so the newsreader attempted to read it with a straight face / voice. Failed. ;)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: November 10, 2006 07:08PM
Posted by: Muks_C
yeah i heard it on Radio 2, and he said to the newsreader ";(insert name of newsreader) is the newsreader of the day!"

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: November 12, 2006 05:10AM
Posted by: mortal
an mp3 of the news report would be nice.....is it legal to have fireworks in the UK, they've banned them here, still a black market tho'.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: November 12, 2006 01:18PM
It is legal, but they are closing off the market year after year, i think

RedSam

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy