DVD Writer up the creek....

Posted by Peat 
DVD Writer up the creek....
Date: September 24, 2006 11:29PM
Posted by: Peat
Hi guys, i have CD/DVD writer thats on the blink.

I can write to CDs fine as always, but now the drive doesnt seem to recognise blank dvds (same type as ones i have previously written on in the past).

So when i want to write to a dvd, it just keeps asking me to insert a blank CD.

I dont get it.

any clues?

cheers

Peat

Re: DVD Writer up the creek....
Date: September 24, 2006 11:44PM
Posted by: Morbid
Are you selecting DVD rather CD in your burner program, before you compile the image? Nero, for instance, has you selecting this from the start, and it might therefore be looking for a CD, because you failed to select DVD as the image type.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: September 24, 2006 11:58PM
Posted by: Peat
well, im trying to do it by cutting and pasting to the drive in windows explorer.

i take from this that i should get nero..??

Date: September 25, 2006 01:57AM
Posted by: Morbid
Cutting and pasting like that surely isn't the most efficient way to make CDs and DVDs. I can recommend Nero burning ROM. I seldomly use anything else, but I am sure that you can get a host of good suggestions here, within the next couple of days, if you want them.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: September 26, 2006 06:18PM
Posted by: mikef1
@Peat, i've had the same problem with an NEC drive. Even with Nero i could not burn a DVD but it was fine burning CDs. Time to get a new drive maybe?
Date: September 26, 2006 08:58PM
Posted by: Muks_C
yeah I just got an NEC drive, with Nero 5.0 installed, but it won't let me select to burn a dvd, the option is greyed out so can't be selected. and also nero won't recognise my NEC drive as a burning drive, it just always wants to burn an image to the harddisc. i had to burn an audio cd through windows media player.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy