Can't download anymore!

Posted by Nickv 
Can't download anymore!
Date: March 22, 2006 04:41PM
Posted by: Nickv
When I want to download something in Firefox, Firefox gives an error report and shuts down! It started yesterday and I can't remember I installed something. A system-recovery doens't help.

These are my specs:
Windows XP Hom Edition with Service Pack 1
AMD Athlon XP 2000+
1,66 GHz
768 MB RAM
ATI Radeon 9100 series

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.
Re: Can't download anymore!
Date: March 22, 2006 05:12PM
Posted by: gav
Try Firefox's safe mode, there's a shortcut in your startmenu. Alternatively, go to Start > Run and type: "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -safe-mode or equivalent depending on if you changed the default path. That should allow you to make any changes.

By download do you mean you can't download web-pages, or files such as .zip or what?
Date: March 22, 2006 05:24PM
I can't download files. And the safe mode doesn't seem to help :(
Plus I just noticed Firefox crashes when I try to get in the Privacy tab in the options menu.
Date: March 22, 2006 05:34PM
Posted by: Peat
tried re-nstalling it?

Date: March 22, 2006 05:40PM
Yes, several tims already. I thought I mentioned that in my first post, but appearently I didn't.
Date: March 22, 2006 08:56PM
Posted by: gav
Right, uninstall it, then go to to C:\Program Files and delete the Mozilla Firefox folder. Then go to C:\Documents and Settings\Gavin Wilson\Application Data and delete the Mozilla folder (subtitute my name for yours obviously, and show the hidden files in Tools > Folder Options, and also the Mozilla folder in C:\Documents and Settings\Gavin Wilson\Local Settings\Application Data.

If you use Thunderbird, or any other Mozilla product (if there are any), then be a little more selective over what you delete, and back up your bookmarks and such before hand if you can.
Date: March 23, 2006 05:15PM
Hooray! It works again :)
Thanks Gav :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy