contact lenses

Posted by rapid_f1 
contact lenses
Date: February 20, 2006 03:59PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
does anyone wear them and what type do you have? i am thinking of getting them.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Re: contact lenses
Date: February 20, 2006 04:10PM
Posted by: Peat
i started on some specsavers own brand monthlylenses. Started having comfort issues with them after about a year, changed to O2 Optix lenses, they were great for a feww weeks then they started getting uncomfortable.

SO now, i mail order 1 day acuvues. I wear them rarely, just for gigs/sports etc. They are ok.

If i was you i would do it through an opticions first, otherwise you could be damaging your eyes wearing them. Like me, you could have an astigmatisim, you have to get special lenses for that.

Date: February 20, 2006 04:23PM
i was thinking of getting the ones that you wear day and night for a whole month then throw them away and put new ones in after a month. £83.50 on specsavers.

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: February 20, 2006 04:36PM
Posted by: Peat
i have seen them but cant get over the thought that they cant be good for you.

Date: February 20, 2006 06:24PM
well i presume that if the lens is on, then no oxugen can get to your eyes. but i hate the thought of having to take them out every night and wash them in solution then put them in again in the morning.

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: February 20, 2006 06:25PM
Posted by: Muks_C
i had an eye test in december, and had a leaflet that said something about a free 1 moth trial on lenses, so i asked them about it, and they did a quick check of my current glasses prescription, and told me i can't have the free trial because i too have too much astigmatism, so would need to order special lenses, and pay for the trial.

so i left it, because i was just about to pay £200 for new glasses, so it would be pointless to then pay for monthly lenses.

i would only have wanted the daily disposable lenses to wear maybe 3 or 4 times/days a week, and wear the glasses the rest of the time, but they reckon they wouldn't be suitable for me, but the monthly ones would be more suitable.

nevermind, will get laser treatment in a few years.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: February 20, 2006 06:30PM
@ Rapid, you can get lense solution called "no-rub" so you just put the lenses in it, and leave it, you don't physically have to "wash" them.

the limiting factor in lense life is the moisture content. so while the lense is on the eye, as long as it's within it's own lifespan, oxygen can still permeate through it and keep your eye moist.

if you wear them longer than you should, the lense can dry and therefore stop oxygen getting through, and then can dry out your eyes.

3 main types:
1. daily disposables, wear them once/one day then bin 'em
2. monthly ones you take out every night
3. monthly ones you wear 24 hours/day for a month (obviously you can take them put when you want, then out them back in)

with either daily disposables or monthly ones that you take out every night, you should be fine. i wouldn't be too confident in the 30 day day-and-night lenses though.

i'd advise you go to an optician and have a chat, they'll give you all the options.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2006 07:59PM by Muks_C.
Date: February 20, 2006 07:49PM
thanks muks. i think it will be the monthly ones where you take them out every night.

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: February 20, 2006 10:20PM
i read that you have to take them off when you have a shower too. what a bloody inconvenience that would be.

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: February 20, 2006 10:48PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
rapid_f1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i read that you have to take them off when you
> have a shower too. what a bloody inconvenience
> that would be.
>
>
>
> 62 seats in parliament - up from 52 in 2001.

well that's a lie

H E L L O
Date: February 20, 2006 10:54PM
yeah i doubt you would have to take them out in the shower, although it would be very easy for them to be washed out. same goes for when you go swimming, unless you wear goggles.

Date: February 20, 2006 11:14PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I got the ones showed in Smallville a couple of weeks ago ;)!

My dad bought me a few boxes of this Acuvue Hydroclear something last year, they're pretty nice.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy