NTL's network showing signs of strain

Posted by rapid_f1 
NTL's network showing signs of strain
Date: January 24, 2006 07:46PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
A thread over on Cable forum is painting a sorry story with NTL's (UK Broadband ISP) recent network upgrades for 10MB services.

With nearly 200 replies, a lot of people seem to be experiencing issues with a recent Firmware upgrade causing their modems to cease connections to the internet. The only way to remedy this issue is to fully power off the modem and power it back on. These connection issues are occuring around 2-4 hours at a time. I am personally affected by this issue and NTL's customer service has been nothing short of a car wreck.

Many users have replied complaining about the issue and many others have started similar threads on the site complaining of the same issues. It has now been 7 days (5 working days) since this issue occured and NTL's official statement is "we are aware of the issue and are working towards resolving this. An issue with a planned firmware upgrade that was rolled out on Tuesday, has affected a limited amount of customers using the NTL 100 and 120 modems.".

Also on the board, you can find many threads with users confused as to why they're not getting the full 10MB as promised. It seems the NTL network strugles at peak times from 6pm onwards and those who have been hard at work all day suffer once they're home and using their broadband. It's not yet known what is causing the poor speed issues.

Unfortunately for those on NTL, there has been no specific date given as to when these issues will be resolved.

Despite all the issues with the 10MB upgrades the ISP still managed to scoop the "internet hero" award at last nights annual Internet Service Prodiver Association (ISPA) awards. The award was given to NTL wholesale, not surprising though - I bet they treat their wholesale customers a lot better than us common folk.

If you're an NTL customer and you are currently experiencing loss of connectivity since Tuesday 17th January or you're not getting the "power of 10" as promised then please leave a comment and let us know.

[www.neowin.net]

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Re: NTL's network showing signs of strain
Date: January 24, 2006 07:47PM
Posted by: LS.
how much does this cost?

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: January 24, 2006 07:51PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
dont know. try the ntl homepage.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: January 24, 2006 07:51PM
Posted by: Lemming
will this affect the ADSL 1MB connection? that's that i'm on!

not a clever state for ntl to get themselves into...

Date: January 24, 2006 08:25PM
Posted by: Covfan
I'm having the problems, but seemingly only when I'm maxing out my upload speed.

Also, Customer services has always been dire.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2006 08:30PM by Covfan.
Date: January 24, 2006 08:53PM
Posted by: danm
NTL are the devil, ive had nothing but problems with the connection cutting out and also theyovercharge my bills and make me pay for connections i dont have. annoying.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: January 24, 2006 09:07PM
Posted by: Covfan
Besides what's happening now, I've had about 2 problems with them in the 4 years I've been with them.
Date: January 24, 2006 09:10PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
The customer service in london is awful, but it was perfect when I lived in swansea. Not having any issues here tho.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy