Want to protect Nano

Posted by Marclaren 
Want to protect Nano
Date: November 12, 2005 10:42PM
Posted by: Marclaren
Hey i just bought an iPod Nano and want to know how to protect it with a case ect.

Im in the UK so preferably no US sites

Re: Want to protect Nano
Date: November 12, 2005 11:25PM
Posted by: Zcott
Date: November 12, 2005 11:32PM
Posted by: broders
i've been looking on www.howstuffworks.com for this good article i read on there a month or two back about testing the ipod nano to destruction, but i am unable to find it... needless to say, only running over it with a car broke it... even throwing it out of the car window at 50mph and it still worked! (after many many more tests!)

-=-=-=-=-=-
VT Driver
Broders
Date: November 13, 2005 12:18AM
Posted by: Muks_C
there was the big hoo-haa about it getting scratched very easily a couple of weeks back in the news in the UK and USA. but Apple said its made fro mthe same plastic as the normal ipods, so it shouldn't get scratched any more/less than another version if ipod.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: November 13, 2005 03:29AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Which is liiiiies because its just not. The scratches show up alot more cos of the flashy design they tried ti give it. The most important part is keeping the screen working, that breaks very easily

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 13, 2005 12:31PM
Posted by: Marclaren
Which is why I want to protect it ;)

Date: November 13, 2005 01:36PM
So Dave, how come people still are buying Nanos and other Apple products despite all these numerous faults?

Date: November 13, 2005 01:40PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
Zcott Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So Dave, how come people still are buying Nanos
> and other Apple products despite all these
> numerous faults?
>

Because the majority of people are idiots?

H E L L O
Date: November 13, 2005 01:44PM
22 million people are idiots for buying the device that revolutionised portable music?

Source: [en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2005 01:45PM by Zcott.
Date: November 13, 2005 01:51PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
No, 22million people are idiots for buying the first "revolutionary" portable music device when there were obvious faults with it, while the competition spent longer designing something that sounds better, lasts a hell of a lot longer, and doesn't need replacing every 6 months
Date: November 13, 2005 01:52PM
So how come the competition isn't way ahead in sales, despite having a product "sounds better, lasts a hell of a lot longer, and doesn't need replacing every 6 months"?

Date: November 13, 2005 01:57PM
Like I said, because the iPod was first, so it's obviously better (or not)
Date: November 13, 2005 02:01PM
I don't understand your logic. It's first, therefore it's better? That doesn't add up.

Things are popular for a reason. Apple are well aware of a certain quality called "style". You can build the world's most functional car but if it looks like a shoebox, no one will buy it. What Apple have done is combined a simple, easy to use design with a very recognisable style. And that's why the iPod is so popular. Oh sure, it works, as you'd expect from any leading product. But Apple knew how to get the market share of the portable music player market, and they did it.

These other companies are a thousand miles behind on style, and style sells.

Date: November 13, 2005 02:09PM
Style? Functionality? The ridiculous wheel in the middle doesn't even work half the time, and when it does it just flys past the song you want to listen too...

I'd stick with a Zen anyday, the sound quality is ten times better, especially at higher volumes, and also when it's plugged into a proper system.
Date: November 13, 2005 02:19PM
Zcott, if your suggesting there is no such problems, explain the worldwide law suits

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 13, 2005 02:30PM
Posted by: keiran
Don't really agree with you Zeppelin. My Dad's friend got a Zen and I had to add all the songs to it. The software for the Zen was ridicules it didn't even pick up artist, song title or album so I had to convert all the songs through iTunes then put them on the Zen. Also I found the sound quality from the iPod plugged into our sound system was just a match of the Zen with the right Equalizer settings. My wheel always works you just need to make sure hold is off ;) and if you manage to fly past the song how quick are you trying to spin your thumb around it :o

I agree with Zcott apple had the right frame set and grabbed the market with two hands. If anyone says MP3 player most people think iPod. Also all that Nano rubbish people were just paranoid and some of the cases I heard once on the radio the person they were interviewing had to hold the thing up into the light to let the reporter see the scratch :/ Surely if you mind about it getting scratched you should buy a case. My phones case is scratched that's what its there to do protect the phone :s One of my friends has a nano and he is the most careless person I've met yet its survived all its falls.

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: November 13, 2005 02:44PM
The software for the Zen was ridicules it didn't even pick up artist, song title or album so I had to convert all the songs through iTunes then put them on the Zen

uh, with the NOMAD explorer you drop and drag it in like you normally would another folder and it picks up every bit of info the Media Tags

Also I found the sound quality from the iPod plugged into our sound system was just a match of the Zen with the right Equalizer settings.

In quality you cant compare them. There exactly the same. The wuality of the sound depends on the headphones/speakers used the individual MP3s. The units simply Play the MP3s

If anyone says MP3 player most people think iPod

If anyone says vacum cleaner in the UK, they think "hoover". But they arent the best and havent been for 10 years.

Also all that Nano rubbish people were just paranoid

You dont spark law suits and have news coverage around the world because of poor design from being paranoid. Thats just stupid. And BBC news showed how dreadfully fragile it was. They put in the reporters pocket with a set of keys and walked down the street. Took it out and it was terribly scratched. He then dropped it on the ground once, and the screen broke.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 13, 2005 02:47PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
iPod isnt the best. FACT.
Just as on specs alone XBox is much better than PS2.

BUT Sony and Apple in this case have marketed their product very well and as generally people dont really research and waste their money then wahey who cares if it has faults if it brings the coporate bigwigs moneh! My friend is on his 4th Apple Product now and several times i have suggested an iRiver, Sony or Creative product and he has declined due to iPod aesthetics.
Personally i dont give a dam how it looks as long as my music is played @#$%& brilliantly but society generally being the morons we are people buy a product for style before functunality just as many would rather have a beautiful stupid wife rather than an average looking but smart wife ;)
Date: November 13, 2005 02:56PM
Posted by: Muks_C
I still use my Sony Minidisc player my dad bought for me in 2000.

works as good as ever.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: November 13, 2005 03:00PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

I will NEVER buy a creative product ever again.

I broke my Creative Zen Xtra 40 GB, and after doing there suggestions on how to fix it, made it worse, they then decided i wont get warrenty because i bought it off ebay, and for them to fix it will cost MORE than it would to buy a brand new unit. thats exactly what it said in the email.

i nearly wrote back

"get @#$%&"

but i didnt :|

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy