Animal Rights Protestors...

Posted by Anonymous User 
Animal Rights Protestors...
Date: August 23, 2005 11:15PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
From BBC.co.uk:

Targeted guinea pig farm closes

The Hall family said they would return to traditional farming
A farm is to stop breeding guinea pigs for medical research after intimidation by animal rights activists.
The family-run Darley Oaks Farm in Newchurch, Staffordshire, has been at the centre of a campaign of abuse.

The owners and people connected with the business have received death threats during the six-year onslaught.

The family said they hoped the decision would prompt the return of the body of their relative Gladys Hammond, whose remains were stolen from a churchyard.

The remains were taken from her grave in nearby Yoxall in October.

Mrs Hammond, who was buried in St Peter's churchyard seven years ago, was the mother-in-law of Christopher Hall, part-owner of the farm.

In a statement, a close relative of Mrs Hammond, who declined to be named, said there was now no reason why her body could not be returned.

"Gladys was a relative of the Halls by marriage only and had no involvement in guinea pig breeding.

"She was a kind, gentle country lady who loved animals. She was also friendly, generous and loving and always put her family first."

The Hall family have been subjected to hate mail, malicious phone calls, hoax bombs and arson attacks.

-----------------

These people really do piss me off, and id @#$%& nail them if i had a gun. Why can animal rights activists get away with this stuff (desecrating and digging up a grave, then stealing the body), death threats to children, fire bombing and vandalism when normally people wouldnt.

These groups appear only in societies that are too comfortable and where they can live off state benefits and @#$%& eat grass. Wot the hell?? yes lets not kill animals...well everything is living so technically they're just a bunch of lazy mindless hypocrtical wankers that should be shot.

What are they gonna do when they get ill and need to go to hospital, because lets remember they cant take any drugs because its all been tested on animals.

Whoopedy-@#$%&-do, in a world where these people had any say, we would all be dead. Grrrr, protest this.
Re: Animal Rights Protestors...
Date: August 23, 2005 11:23PM
Posted by: matt3454
stupid hippies, rather they test stuff on lil rodents than moi
Date: August 23, 2005 11:24PM
Posted by: The Lopper
That is ***king disgraceful, and yes i disagree with these constant protests. When the Humpback Whale uses a specially devised technique using "bubble nets" to surround krill so they can eat them, its beautiful. When Fisherman use real nets to catch fish, its barbaric.

Now i'm all for a bit of moderation in fishing, it would be terrible to lose a species, but man has emerged as the top predator, and i'm afraid nature just has to live with that.
Date: August 23, 2005 11:48PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
This is a horrible story. What do they think they've acheived?

Even if you agree with their anti - testing stance, this is immediately negated because of the extremity of their actions. How are you supposed to show support for a group who consider grave desicration acceptable?

This is allowed to go on, yet we see legislation restricting our rights piling in ten fold - while these people are allowed to completwly violate a person's basic rights. Disgusting.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: August 23, 2005 11:49PM
Posted by: matthewp
It's a disgrace and so hypocritical. If they catch them they should start testing things on them they might change their stance.

Date: August 23, 2005 11:59PM
Posted by: gav
-qwerty- Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Even if you agree with their anti - testing
> stance, this is immediately negated because of the
> extremity of their actions. How are you supposed
> to show support for a group who consider grave
> desicration acceptable?

Nail on head.

I don't mind them protesting about their cause, but terrorising people, some of which aren't even remotely connected other than sharing a post-code, is beyond immoral.

Date: August 24, 2005 08:02AM
Posted by: G_Crawford
please don't tar all animal rights activists with the same brush. that's all i'm going to say.
Date: August 24, 2005 10:26AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
We're not - just extremists. There is actually new legislation to protect against just such extremists, but it's obviously not been that effective.

And it's been said already, but I'm sure they'd change their ideas if they or a close family member got some horrible disease that could only be cured with products tested on animals. There all a bunch of stupid f***ing idiots.

As for the general idea of not testing with animals - how else can it be done? It can't - so just put up with it. THose animals wouldn't ahve been alive anyway if it wasn't for testing. It's not like they've been plucked from the wild or soemthing.

I also get annoyed with those that protest (although it has to be said with generally more acceptable methods) against cloning research. People say that it's wrong to use stem cells to grow 'bits' of body that could (in the not so distant future) cure some terrible illnesses such as Parkinsons and Altheimers (sp?). How the hell can a cell be given rights?! It's a thing, but these people try and stop medical research that would help thousands of people. Again, I bet they'd soon change their minds if they got it.

Date: August 24, 2005 10:31AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
-qwerty- Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Even if you agree with their anti - testing
> stance, this is immediately negated because of the
> extremity of their actions. How are you supposed
> to show support for a group who consider grave
> desicration acceptable?

100% agree

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 24, 2005 10:56AM
Posted by: LS.
Metropolitan Police have had some information & it brings the investigation into a new light,

They are in the process of trying to locate the following person to answer some questions about the kidnapping of the body of Chistopher Halls mother-in-law

[www.spudart.org]

police are asking for any info to be passed on to them

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy