GPL Sillyness

Posted by Glyn 
GPL Sillyness
Date: December 20, 2003 01:04PM
Posted by: Glyn
If you've installed a sound pack for GPL, the game will read the engine sounds from a wav file in the sound directory.

Being the silly guy I am, I opened sound recorder and recorded me humming, and then making a throaty engine sound, saved it as a Ferrari engine sound (fer.wav). On taking it for a spin, the humming sounds like a bee at 10,000 rpm, and the throaty sound is a bit, erm, weird.

The next step on the sillyness was getting a fart sound and putting that in the game. Sadly it doesn't quite work as well as you might think.

Still worth a try though ;)

Re: GPL Sillyness
Date: December 20, 2003 01:06PM
Posted by: tux
Date: December 20, 2003 01:51PM
Posted by: markko
Do you know, I thought what it would sound like putting voices as samples for our sounds! It would be crazy.

Date: December 20, 2003 04:28PM
Posted by: broders
i can be your pit guy :P

-=-=-=-=-=-
VT Driver
Broders
Date: December 21, 2003 02:10AM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
"Neil, that last lap was crap!"

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: December 21, 2003 02:12AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
"and those people lapping you - again!"

"oh, you blew your engine"

"that explains things"

Date: December 21, 2003 02:22AM
Posted by: markko
Neh, I dont think you get the idea. ;)

Date: December 21, 2003 02:23AM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
Would be funny though! :P

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy