why are teachers evil?

Posted by sasjag 
why are teachers evil?
Date: December 06, 2003 11:59AM
Posted by: sasjag
my hwk for thsi weekend was:

maths - 4 exam papers + revision ( got it thursday, for monday)
physics - 10 sheets, plus cswk, and 1 exam paper ( got it friday, for tuesday)
ICT - 1 exam paper, revision, make notes on 7 chapters from the book and devise a test plan (got it friday, for tuesday)

am i the only one who thinks that all that work is unreasonable?

why is it as soon as the half term or holidays get near teachers decide it wil be great to dump as much as possible on you?:@

so far i've done 2 of the maths exam papers :|

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
-
Date: December 06, 2003 12:10PM
Posted by: jawwad01
-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2017 09:00AM by jawwad01.
Re: why are teachers evil?
Date: December 06, 2003 12:17PM
Posted by: Vader
Well what do you think teachers are doing? I got over 60 tests to correct and mark until next week. I have lots of school conferences, parent-teacher conferences, staff council meetings, preparations for school project works, open-house days, school Christmas parties, preparation for the next-day lessons, etc ...

One should think that young people like you can do a bit of course work without crying for mercy. Simply regard as practice for your upcoming working life. It won't get less work - the older you get, the more you'll have to do.

Post Edited (12-06-03 19:18)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 06, 2003 12:22PM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
I can only reply in the positive in Vaders' case Sim! ;)

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: December 06, 2003 12:27PM
"Well what do you think teachers are doing? I got over 60 tests to correct and mark until next week. I have lots of school conferences, parent-teacher conferences, staff council meetings, preparations for school project works, open-house days, school Christmas parties, preparation for the next-day lessons, etc ... "

yeah but ur getting paid for it, i don;t mind getting hwk or revision, but the sheer amount of work dumped on us is stupid, we'll neevr be able to do it, and then the teachers moan at you coz u don't do it, we are in a lose lose situation

Sim

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: December 06, 2003 12:28PM
Posted by: Glyn
I would normally say do as much as you reasonably can, and leave the rest, but since Vader won't see the students point of view :), I say you better get working :P

Date: December 06, 2003 12:30PM
P.S. Don't do it ;)

Date: December 06, 2003 12:41PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
I seem to have been lucky this year. I get f sod all work for my 4 AS Levels. Two of them are sooo easy it's untrue, and the other two don't set much work, so even with 'extra reading' I come off well.

But I get pissed off when teachers do that. Some think that only their subject exists and they forget about the rest, whilst others are a lot fairer! It's your own fault if you leave everything to the lnight before, but you got all of that within a few days.

Get working :)

-
Date: December 06, 2003 12:42PM
Posted by: jawwad01
-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2017 08:59AM by jawwad01.
Date: December 06, 2003 12:45PM
I had this a few times at school. Teachers dont care about piles of work you have in other subjects most of the time.

Date: December 06, 2003 12:46PM
"But I get pissed off when teachers do that. Some think that only their subject exists and they forget about the rest, whilst others are a lot fairer!"

yeah i agree there, we pointed this out to our maths teacher, and he sed that we need to get our priorities right. being as i need all three subjects for Uni i can't really prioritise

anyway, i spent 2hrs on my ICT last nite and thats no where near done, and i'm now on my 3rd maths paper, after working on hwk since 6pm (was at work from 9:30am-4pm)

Sim

Date: December 06, 2003 12:47PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
Poor you :(

Date: December 06, 2003 12:54PM
tbh i think the more they give us the less we learn, because i just want to get this out the way i'm putting in a real half assed effort (if i don't know how to do sommet i aint looking it up) whereas if they just gave us one or two papers i'd be more likely to spend time doing them

Sim

Date: December 06, 2003 12:54PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
poor you. :(

I get a similar problem some times, abiet on a smaller scale.
this weekend -
* right an essay/letter thingy on what Lady Macbeth is feeling about the murder of Duncan (this is hard, seems I don't understand Shakespear!!)
* 2 exercises on maths (last homework, 3, took over 2 hours to half-finish, so I have to finish that as well)
* revise the entire topic of energy for physics
* do some work in biology
* research and do a page on logos for art.
* do some work in food technology

then I also have 2 projects, which I should do some work on.

hot

I stress at this, then think of how much more there will be at GCSE and A-level. (I am gonna be one of those who dies of stress)

Teachers are unreasonable, aren't they...

Date: December 06, 2003 01:05PM
Posted by: Vader
First of all I see the students point of view pretty well. As far as I am concerned I only give homework if it is absolutely necessary to prepare stuff for the next lesson. I don't think that giving homework just for the sake of giving it makes any sense. It will definitely not make you learn anything. The kind of homework I give is mostly looking things up in encyclopaediae or reading and preparing texts at home for the next day. If there is nothing sensible to do at home, I won't give any homwework.

As far getting paid: HAHA, nice one. What I get wouldn't even be enough even if you called it "compensation for pain and suffering".

Post Edited (12-06-03 20:06)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 06, 2003 01:10PM
Posted by: genesis
"I stress at this, then think of how much more there will be at GCSE and A-level. (I am gonna be one of those who dies of stress)"

I know what you mean but quite simply there are options. I worked my arse off upto year 10 and really it was for sod all, no important exams and I burned myself out and stressed myself out all the time. I worked hard for GCSE's but now in my second year of my A levels, and I haven't been this lazy since, well, ever :| I do hardly any homework and we get tonnes of free periods. My AS grades weren't great at all (A, B, C, D) but if I have to choose between taking things how I want to take them or stressing myself out and generally being depressed about school, I know which one I'd take every time.

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: December 06, 2003 01:11PM
lol:P

my ICT teacher is like you, i don't mind that, but physics and maths teachers will go out of their way to make sure u have hwk, and thats annoying

our physiscs teacher had a go at us this week, coz we did a practice exam, and i got 7/40 :| which was the highest mark in the class!!!!

now sommet tells me its not teh students who are the problem in this case

Sim

Date: December 06, 2003 01:44PM
Posted by: tux
lol vader and lol sim :)

*checks bank*

yup yup yup... i get payed to learn :)

Date: December 06, 2003 01:44PM
(i do to but shush:P)

Sim

Date: December 06, 2003 01:45PM
Posted by: tux
then stop ure moaning boi!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy