Confused?

Posted by 97kirkc 
Confused?
Date: July 22, 2003 06:11AM
Posted by: 97kirkc
Thinking about spacial mechanics and time today and thought of a sernario:

when a rocket (yes dumbass with Mr. Penguin as the pilot) takes off and accelerates away from the earth i was thinking what if it is not accelerating, whats to say that the universe is moving and the rocket is standing still? ;)

Just like a hamster in a wheel, the hamster moves but doesnt get anywhere, confused? I know i am.

Also i found out that (Star Trek fans are gonna kill me for this) the closer u get to the speed of light the more time slows down and the objects mass gets closer to infinity. So therefore if u travelled at the speed of light time would be set to 0 and your mass would inifinite.

I love finding out useful mindexploding facts, dont u? ;) ;) ;) ;)

Re: Confused?
Date: July 22, 2003 06:28AM
Posted by: tux
eh? :s

u got that rocket thing from futurama ;)

Date: July 22, 2003 06:36AM
Posted by: Vader
You are right. If you think you weigh too much, just step on the scales more slowly. The faster you get on them the closer your mass is to infinity.

Concerning penguins:

We all know they are black and white. Black does heat up more than white, thus penguins half a warm and a colder site. Heat is energy, and energy cannot simply get lost. It gets transferred. It does not turn into light, since penguins are not self-illuminating. It thus has to be transferred into movement. Observation proves the point: penguins move. Now, with one warmer and one colder side they should - according to theory - not move straight ahead, but simply rotate around their own axis. This movement, however, does produce field energy. The rotating penguin is nothing more than an organic electromagnet. Apparently penguins are producing a magnetic field that makes them be subject to the magnetic attraction of the South Pole (or you could say they get repelled by the magnetic field of the North Pole). Now, this explains why penguins are only near the South Pole. Penguins do not look as if they were rotating due to the rotation of the planet itself (which has a shorter way to rotate at the poles). In reality Penguins rotate, we just cannot see it (optical illusion).

I wonder if the magnetic field of the planet would get destroyed if all penguins were forced to leave the South Pole.

I love finding out useful mindexploding facts, too. ;) ;) ;) ;)

(These stories are sort of copyrighted. They will be part of my own novel, so don't dare copying it)

Post Edited (07-22-03 13:38)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 22, 2003 07:02AM
wow, thats funny :) *goes and makes all the penguins stop :)*

Date: July 22, 2003 07:23AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
Yeah we're doing all that kinda stuff in physics now, it really is mind-blowing...all I can say is, Einstein's one smart mother.

Date: July 22, 2003 07:47AM
but einstein was a boy so how could he be a mummy :-o

Date: July 22, 2003 07:51AM
dumbass i dont watch futurama btw

Date: July 22, 2003 07:56AM
Date: July 22, 2003 07:58AM
And vader u said perguins are balck and white but we clearly see that Dumbass's penguin is purple and yellow ;)

Explain...

Date: July 22, 2003 08:15AM
Becuse he is not living at the South Pole.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 22, 2003 08:20AM
Another theory i came across vader was the theory of the big bang.

The biggest scientific theory is that helium and other particles formed and collided and reacted with each other and caused the big bang, but how can something form from nothingness?

One theory was that black holes, in thory lead to another parallel universe or dimension thus they reckon that a black hole formed and leaded to our universal dimension and thats how the particles arrived in are universe to cause the big bang.

Cool a?

Date: July 22, 2003 08:33AM
Even if the matter came from a parallel universe, the question still is: where did this parallel universe come from.

The point is, in order to have something come from somehwere else you need two things: time (since it takes time to move matter from A to B) and space (in which it can move). Before the bigbang was neither time nor space, so no matter could have moved - in fact without time and space there cannot be matter at all.

We know that mass is dependent on speed. If you have no space and time (and no movement) there cannot be mass at all. Now, with the bigbang and the expansion of the universe matter comes into existence since with the speed of its expansion it develops mass. This explains how matter evolves. The question is still - what caused the expansion? This question however is somehow futile. We would have to know what was before the bigbang to find out its cause. Since time and space only came into being with the bigbang, there cannot be a "before" the bigbang. (Before needs time and space - without them no "before";). So why did the universe start to expand? Why does the dog lick its balls?

Post Edited (07-22-03 15:36)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 22, 2003 09:14AM
Posted by: Glyn
Becuse he is not living at the South Pole

More blackcurrent and banana land

Date: July 22, 2003 09:41AM
"Why does the dog lick its balls?"

coz they itched :)

Date: July 22, 2003 11:32AM
But do the laws of physics apply to the bigbang as without a universe the can be no past present or future thus there cannot be any laws of physics.

Do these laws apply to sub-space for instance ;)

(boy this is getting complimicated ;))

Date: July 22, 2003 11:33AM
"complimicated " complicated ;)

Date: July 22, 2003 01:27PM
The laws of physics only came into exsitence with the bigbang (note: the origin of the universe out of the bigbang is only a theory. It is most likely, yet still only a theory).

We come acroos a similar problem in theology. What did God before the Creation of the universe? In the bibkle (John 8:58) we read: Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am..

Now, if we regard Jesus as God in his earthly form, we see that the writers of the people already knew of our problem. God/Jesus does not say "Before ... I was", he says "I am". Time does not matter since God is outside of time and space (note: Christianity is no panthesim) and the laws of physics do not apply to him.

We could say the the same about the bigbang Since its cause is outside of time and space and since the bigbang in turn is the cause for the laws of phyiscs, it cannot be subject of the these laws itself. Hence you cannot explain the bigbang with the laws of physic. With John, we must say bigbang simply IS.

Post Edited (07-22-03 20:30)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 22, 2003 01:27PM
Posted by: genesis
Wow and no HTML mistakes :| Impressive!

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: July 22, 2003 01:31PM
A few grammar/spelling/syntax mistakes though I had to correct ;)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 22, 2003 01:32PM
Posted by: genesis
Ah so close! :(

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy