To Sasjag

Posted by Glyn 
To Sasjag
Date: February 15, 2003 12:18PM
Posted by: Glyn
The name of that program I mentioned yesterday is Virtual PC.

To install (cut down from PCF):

1. Install it and ignore errors.
2. Enter a name for your PC. Name it after the version of Windows you want to install.
3. Create a disk image.
4. Don't worry about the size of the image.
5. You now see the Main Virtual PC window. Click your new PC and press START UP. Put a Windows Boot disk into your floppy drive. If the PC fails to boot from floppy, click PC>RESET.
6. The PC boots from floppu. Choose START COMPUTER WITH CD ROM SUPPORT. Slide your Windows CD in and type x:\setup. Remember D: is used for dignostic tools.
7. Install Windows as normal, including date, time etc.
8. When its installed, you can start your PC by launching Virtual PC, selecting the computer and pressing START UP. You can install and run programs the usual way.

There, that about covers it. I had the idea that it would make an amazing prank on family and friends if you set it to load at Windows startup. I tried it with my computer dummy mummy :) and she was highly confused seeing too desktops :)

Re: To Sasjag
Date: February 15, 2003 12:22PM
Posted by: sasjag
lol

cheers, will have a go at that

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy