NASCAR

Posted by Boils 
NASCAR
Date: January 25, 2003 06:35PM
Posted by: Boils
I borrowed my friends NASCAR racing 4 (not for sale in australia) and really enjoyed it, although i dont enjoy driving the ovals i just like Sears Point Raceway i managed to do 1.15.356sec lap (i dont use any driver aids) and now im getting to know Watkins Glen.

I can buy NASCAR Racing 2002 season but i don't want to buy it, if it doesnt have Sears Point and Watkins Glen, does anyone have this game? does it have these tracks? can u download any player made tracks?

Re: NASCAR
Date: January 26, 2003 04:19AM
Posted by: _Alex_
There is a demo of NASCAR Racing 2003 flying around the Sierra forums somewhere, although a link someone gave me was dead. You should probably wait for that to come out. I am!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: January 26, 2003 05:23AM
[www.avault.com]

Here you go - I'm sure you'll be interested in this, LS, if you haven't already got it!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: January 26, 2003 05:38AM
Posted by: Ellis
Nascar 2002 (by Papy and Sierra) does have Watkins Glen And Sears Point. But be warned, this is no game, this is a SIM and you will know it by the tim you get to turn one on your first try. This game isnt for the weak-at-heart.

NASCAR 2003 isnt MUCH of an improvment, but it is some

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 26, 2003 05:46AM
Well i bought season 2002 anyway, i find the graphics, tracks, feeling of speed is great and the sound!

"This game isnt for the weak-at-heart."

i havnt played it enough to remember my average laps of sears point on 02 but i was getting 1.15.356 on nascar 4 and i dont drive with driver aids.

Are there any player made tracks or mods for this game?
When is 2003 due to be released? any ideas?

Date: January 26, 2003 10:39AM
It can't be any harder than GPL and once you've mastered that it's the best simulation you'll ever play.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: January 26, 2003 10:43AM
Posted by: Ellis
I is harder than GPL, much harder. You have alot more power and WAY more weight. Its so hard to get the car to turn into the corners, and to keep it stable throughout the whole corner. Much harder than GPL

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 26, 2003 12:05PM
Posted by: Glyn
Remember that your lap times in N2002 at Sears will be slower than they are on N4 because of "modernising tracks". Basically, they removed a challenging fast corner and replaced it with a dull, easy slow corner.

Date: January 26, 2003 03:54PM
I is harder than GPL, much harder. You have alot more power and WAY more weight. Its so hard to get the car to turn into the corners, and to keep it stable throughout the whole corner. Much harder than GPL

I see your point, I remember playing NASCAR 2002 I think and the car is actually more on a knife edge than on GPL - which says a lot!

I'm nearly done downloading the demo so I'll give it a try - hopefully it'll lead to the purchase of my first NASCAR sim (and last, if Papy do stop making them!).

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: January 26, 2003 05:38PM
Well if after nascar 2003 they are making another GPL then i dont care if i never see a nascar game again!

as i was saying before, i only like watkins glen and sears point, good if they made a touring car game (aslong as they didnt choose FWD touring cars) but a new GPL sounds very exciting.

I found GPL was easier to control slides and with nascar 4 it was easy to loose control under brakes for slow corners , i also found that nascar 02 u can control slides through the corners easier then nascar 4 but they happen way more often now in 02, ive only had a chance to accumulate about 30 mins of playtime but so far im wondering why i didnt buy it sooner, i think its a good improvement over nascar 4.

Date: January 27, 2003 02:56AM
Posted by: Glyn
I remember playing NASCAR 2002 I think and the car is actually more on a knife edge than on GPL - which says a lot!

I kinda have to agree with you. The cars in NASCAR have grip, but once your past it they are very difficult to control because there isnt a lot of opposite lock. GPL is a little more forgiving, espically on kerbs. Hit the kerbs at Glen in NASCAR and the car swings all over the place.

Althougn GPL is more forgiving, NASCAR is easier to drive fast though, but put a wheel wrong and you've had it.

Date: January 27, 2003 03:20AM
Both very good games, the most realistic out there, thats why i like them... cant wait for the next ones!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy