New Toca Race Driver Demo

Posted by Ellis 
New Toca Race Driver Demo
Date: December 16, 2002 06:42AM
Posted by: Ellis
This isnt the 60% complete one with the Supra. You drive a holden around Adelade. Havent tried it yet, gona download later

[www.bhmotorsports.com]

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: New Toca Race Driver Demo
Date: December 16, 2002 06:44AM
oh, note that its an iso file and needs burned to a CD first. After that use this nocd patch [www.bhmotorsports.com]

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: December 16, 2002 07:05AM
oh well, servers are dead :';(

Date: December 16, 2002 07:28AM
Posted by: anze89
I have this demo for 2 months. And if you download a patch made by Frank(or something like that) you will get more cars on track. In the demo you drive a Holden and you got only one computer controled car. So you need patch for a good race.

Date: December 16, 2002 07:29AM
yes, this is what i read somewhere too

Date: December 16, 2002 12:54PM
Posted by: Glyn
Worth getting though. The game isnt gonna be out until Feb. I just hope it plays better than the Alpha

Date: December 16, 2002 01:14PM
The new release date is March, the official demo will be out in February

Date: December 16, 2002 01:17PM
And if you are runing XP you will get better performance if you turn sound acceleration almost to 0 (second point)

Date: December 16, 2002 08:55PM
Posted by: mortal
I have the demo on cd, I think I got it with TIR and it sucks as there is only keyboard control support ;-/ Otherwise it looks ok. I'm trying to get v8 supercars into SCGT in the meantime.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 17, 2002 02:42AM
That'll probably be the alpha or something which only had keyboard support. Still a damn fine game though

Date: December 17, 2002 11:58AM
The new release date is March

the offcial site is wrong. 90% of mags and shops have it down as Feburaruy, thats what codemasters published to shops

C&C Generals was ment to be out my Xmas this eyar, and its still not out yet. New release date for that is March. Theres a leaked Alpha version of generals out, which is mulitplayers over the net only, but it doesnt work as you need a alpha testers login details to access it

Date: December 17, 2002 12:39PM
Does anybody know where the get the new toca demo from? bhmotorsports gives me a 500 error :(

Date: December 17, 2002 12:52PM
Good news for all people, that haven't got DVD
From official forum:
I have just had it confirmed that the game will release, initially, on CD-ROM and that it will come on 3 CDs.

I apologise for anyone who was misled by previous forums replies and by the information provided on our website when the game was announced.

We initially planned to release the game on DVD only but, following completion of research into the number of PCs with DVDs equipped, decided that this would prevent a significant number of users from being able to play the game without first upgrading.

Date: December 17, 2002 12:57PM
And I had wrong information for the official game release:

Although this information has somehow already leaked it's way out, I can confirm that the PC version of Toca Race Driver has now been delayed until February.

The game will now ship with the network code included - preventing the need for a multiplayer patch.

Apologies to all those who have been waiting for the game or who were hoping to purchase it for Christmas. Hopefully the fact that the multiplayer element will now be included will compensate for this to some degree.

I also apologise to anyone who had been misled by our assurances that the game would still be released in November. Up until Monday, it was still hoped that the game would make its pre-christmas date. Unfortunately delays in the submission process for the US PS2 version has had a knock on effect on the PC title.

Sorry!

Date: December 18, 2002 01:14PM
We initially planned to release the game on DVD only but, following completion of research into the number of PCs with DVDs equipped, decided that this would prevent a significant number of users from being able to play the game without first upgrading.

Thats a bit silly really. Considering the minimum system requirements, I suspect that 99% of people who have a system capable of playing the game will own a DVD drive too.

Date: December 19, 2002 02:15PM
Direct link, download the demo from

[ftp.game-exe.ru]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy