NFS Hot Pursuit 2 is worse then NFS3 and NFS4

Posted by JC 
NFS Hot Pursuit 2 is worse then NFS3 and NFS4
Date: November 26, 2002 01:54PM
Posted by: JC
NFS HOt Pursuit 2 is just not as good as the older games, where are all the features??????? Nowhere to be seen!!!!!!

They removed most of the features from Hot Pursuit 2 which was available from NFS3 and 4.

*Crap and very limited replay option with no other camera angle at all !!!!!!

*You need a top of the range PC to run it.

*You can't choose to have the roof up or down or on or off for cars like the Z8 and Elise.

*In the Single race mode you can't choose weather, reverse or forwards (for track), night or day, traffic density, etc.

*NO DASHBOARD in the in car view!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Cop cars are stuck to the track when it comes to cornering.

Massive list of features and problems with Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2!!! I bet a lot of it is down to the console element !!!!!

Re: NFS Hot Pursuit 2 is worse then NFS3 and NFS4
Date: November 26, 2002 02:06PM
Posted by: Vader
*NO DASHBOARD in the in car view!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I played the demo and there wer dashboards. However, I remember that some Nfs3 users had problems with dashboards as well. But frankly, who cares if there are dashboards or not - this game sucks big time. Crappy FF effects, graphics like pianted with chalk, physics .. err ... virtually not there - on top of that helicopters who bomb you from above! I mean ...

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 26, 2002 02:07PM
I mean a massive lack of features by the way......

Date: November 27, 2002 07:39AM
But NFS is still a brilliant game with graphics to die for......

This game is good for testing your responses.

At least the game has officially licensed cars!!!!!!

But even on fast PC's it will struggle to run smoothly!!! But it runs way faster then the demo's which is good.......... It runs slower then GTA3, but it is smooth on mine, barely!!!

Date: November 27, 2002 07:57AM
Posted by: Ellis
At least the game has officially licensed cars!!!!!!

cars that look like real life thigs u mean? Its an arcade game, so an offcial license means nothing

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 27, 2002 10:57AM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
The game sucks compared to NFS PU.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: November 27, 2002 12:12PM
Posted by: Glyn
The game sucks compared to NFS PU.

Very true. PU had fairly realistic handling as arcade games go, NFS HP2 is a full arcade game.

Also, the new game doesnt directly support my wheel :(

Date: November 27, 2002 05:17PM
But when it comes to road car racing games, arcade games with some tiny bits of realism added in is as close as its going to get to the real thing, because simulation games don't sell well on consoles.....

Porsche 2000 (or Porsche Unleashed) is a lot more realistic then older NFS games, but the cars are a bit on the slow side....... The great thing about Porsche 2000 is that you can use the indicator lights, turn lights on and off, just like the real thing............

But for an arcade game, the NFS games are brilliant..... Gran Turismo games are great too.....

Officially licensed cars means that you can drive real life cars rather then made up ones, but a game should really be judged on how fun it is to play rather then if it is a simulation or arcade game........

NFS hot pursuit 2 as got lots of issues but its a great game still.......

Date: November 28, 2002 08:12AM
Posted by: Ellis
Officially licensed cars means that you can drive real life cars rather then made up ones, but a game should really be judged on how fun it is to play rather then if it is a simulation or arcade game........

again...what it really means is it kinda looks like the real thing, but will probably not handel anything like the real thing. Unlike F1 games, whcih will at leats handel close to an F1 car

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy