Lets Make A Forum Movie

Posted by Glyn 
Lets Make A Forum Movie
Date: November 03, 2002 04:59AM
Posted by: Glyn
The other night I had a bright idea (yes, I do have good ideas) :) that we should make a forum movie. Ive seen it done many times on other forums and it was really popular.

Now, my first idea was to make a movie with a plot, but then I realised that the key members (ya know, the regulars) might not have access to a camcorder or webcam, so I thought of another idea:

Lets have a competition to make the funniest, stupidest, most rediculas video clip. From reading the posts for a year or so, we shouldnt have any problems with this one :)

The rules are simple. Create a video clip. Thats it! :)

Either use a webcam, camcorder or an animation app such as Flash, but if you do animation try and include yourself. Lets say YOU have to feature somewhere in the movie. Either in the movie, or as the director or something like that. When your done, save it (try and use DivX please with a bit rate of approx 500kbs - some of use are 56kers) :) , upload it and post it.

At the beginning of December i'll create a vote so we can get the winner.

Go get creative :D

Re: Lets Make A Forum Movie
Date: November 03, 2002 10:52AM
Posted by: mvb
:O

___Marc___
Date: November 03, 2002 02:25PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
great idea!

(im back btw, had a bit of family trouble)

Date: November 04, 2002 03:21AM
Just thought of another rule - you can submit as many clips as you like :)

Might make things more interesting :D

Date: November 06, 2002 03:19AM
Ok... we havent had many clips submitted yet (ok, none) so ill start the ball rolling with The Muppet Show. Filmed quite a while ago by me, and edited by me, but NOT featuring me. Im stupid, but not this stupid :)

Point your browser to [www.stratton84.freeserve.co.uk]

Date: November 06, 2002 03:50AM
Posted by: Ellis
i'll download it when i get home

can u not upload the mpeg or avi format version, non-zipped? Cos then i could stream it :D

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 06, 2002 04:17AM
Posted by: matthewp
lol neil, I like the end

"You're my wife now!"

That bloke on the league of gentlemen is funny as hell

Date: November 06, 2002 04:20AM
can u not upload the mpeg or avi format version, non-zipped? Cos then i could stream it :D

I could, but its compresses as DivX 5 for smallness reasons. In MPEG its quite a few megs, in divx its less that a meg. Oh, and im a 56ker do large uploads arent good for the health :)

Date: November 06, 2002 04:22AM
i ment upload any unzipped version....but anyway, this comp doesnt have the dvix codec, so i wouldnt be able to view dvix movies

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 06, 2002 05:05AM
I did consider uploading it as an avi but I remembered why I wrote a readme file. All the stuff at the end is hardly readable so I put it in the readme file.

If I were you I wouldnt install divx at college. I did that last year with horrible consequences :)

Date: November 06, 2002 05:11AM
Well we cant install it. All the computers are run off the server, not the local machine. and we dont have access rights to the server, so we cant install stuff

We never used to be able to run exes either. You could only run exe which they specificed. like "word.exe" and "paint.exe"

the easy way around this was name the exe to "paint.exe" and run it :P

Date: November 06, 2002 12:46PM
the easy way around this was name the exe to "paint.exe" and run it :p

Yeah, ive done that before. Another trick (only works in NT not 2000) is to open Windows help and search for help on control panel items. Choose one and then click 'open' and it appears :D

Date: November 06, 2002 02:59PM
yeah, that works!!

Date: November 06, 2002 04:54PM
Posted by: LS.
lol neil, I like the end

"You're my wife now!"

That bloke on the league of gentlemen is funny as hell

That would be Papa Lazarou ;-)

you can see a clip of him here ( but he's wearing his disguise as the charity shop work keith drop [www.leagueofgentlemen.co.uk]

and click here to see the hilarious Dean Tavalouris ( a spotty geek who does magic tricks in the hope he'll be the next David Blaine, complete with phoney american accent) see him get his comeuppance here [www.leagueofgentlemen.co.uk]

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: November 07, 2002 02:30AM
Posted by: matthewp
those muct be clips off the final episode of the series, I missed it :-( was mighty pissed off

Date: November 07, 2002 03:09AM
Posted by: LS.
bbc choice have shown it 3 times since it first aired a fortnight ago, check their listings for a repeat, the last one was very funny

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: November 07, 2002 12:09PM
Posted by: JC
I'm gonna make a movie thats even stupider then "Freddy Got Fingered" HaHa.........

Date: November 07, 2002 01:39PM
I'm gonna make a movie thats even stupider then "Freddy Got Fingered" HaHa.........

Well, we need more clips in here :D

Look forward to seeing it :D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy