A kind request

Posted by Vader 
A kind request
Date: November 30, 2012 10:15PM
Posted by: Vader
I'm old and weary and time is money ...

Okay, after that final race on Sunday I decided to do some virtual racing again. I haven't touched my MOMO for like what - 7 years? I tried to update GP4 2 years ago but that sob wouldn't run. Can someone please give me some recommandation what to download? Fool proof instructions on how to get my GP4 up to date on a Win 7 64bit machine? It doesn't have to be 2012, any other not too old season will do. Links would also be nice. If someone can send complete wad sets and stuff so that I just have to replace things without unpacking and repacking them first it would cool.

Also is there any chance to makje Gp3/Gp2k run on that OS?

I post it here because the GP3/GP4 forums all look crowded and full of "strangers".

Thank y'all.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Re: A kind request
Date: December 03, 2012 08:50PM
Posted by: truecrysis
GP3/GP2K don't run on W7 i think, and definitely not 64bit.

GP4 you have to make sure you run it in administrator and compatibility mode for windows XP before installing the patch (9.6) or gpxpatch (run it before both). Updating is simple, use CSM to install carsets, should work fine :)

If you need more detail let me know!

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2012 08:50PM by truecrysis.
Date: December 03, 2012 10:47PM
Posted by: n00binio
gp3 runs fine on w7 64bit on my machine. there are no patches applied, just the out of the box gp3. i guess it could be hardware related but it's definately worth a try. you might need admin and compatibility mode as well

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: December 04, 2012 11:47AM
Posted by: Vader
Thank y'all, truecrysis and noobinio.

Compatibly mode and admin rights seem to work here, too fpr GP3 out-of-the-box, so I'll give GP32k a shot as well (if I find that CD).

Any recommandation wich car.wads and tracks are the best?

(I can't believe I'm asking, because 11 years ago I was answering all these questions myself on this site. Looks like I forget a lo

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 04, 2012 01:50PM
Posted by: senninho
Argh, now I'm feeling the urge to dig out my GP3 CDs :3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy