GP4 - 2003 Qualifying.

Posted by intweb 
GP4 - 2003 Qualifying.
Date: March 14, 2003 01:47AM
Posted by: intweb
Just got this on the GP3 forum and thought it would be useful and relevant to post here too, courtesy of traction.

Thought some ppl may find it useful!

Steve.

Author: Traction
Date: 03-10-03 14:22

Set the number of qualifying laps to 3.(out lap,flying lap,in lap).

open the gpxset.ini and in the [Misc] section type in
ConsecutiveCars = 4
Otherwise some drivers wont set a time.

Dont forget to set the qualifying session to the full hour in the race options menu in the game.

Enjoy
Re: GP4 - 2003 Qualifying.
Date: March 14, 2003 05:01AM
Posted by: Xero
I don't know if anyone has looked into it, but are there some sort of triggers which tell the computer cars to go out? I'm sure there must to a certain degree! Cause we all know triggers have been found for timing etc. (ie. GpxPatch)... if there are, I wonder if these triggers can be controlled? If so, the new qualifying format could be very possible to create. Maybe Rene is working on it!?

Date: March 14, 2003 07:03AM
Posted by: intweb
Maybe!
Date: March 15, 2003 09:36AM
Posted by: Glyn
Hopefully this is been worked on because GP5 is an interesting topic after what happened last year :(

It would be also very handy to have a Friday qually to in the game, but there is a very high percentage this will be impossible.

Date: March 15, 2003 09:50AM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Gpxset.ini - I've set the qual laps tothree but where is the Misc section you're on about??????
I'm using 3.33 GPxPatch

....................I quite like this now.
Date: March 15, 2003 10:36AM
Friday qual is not impossible at all if these triggers are present! Just alter the Friday practise session to the same format.... have the triggers send out the cars in order of last years championship positions... this can be stored in a text file or something! (just like perf data!) after Friday is done, the standings can be logged to another file, which is then used as the order for Saturdays session. There is an option to save the results into a text file anyway! Very possible indeed... but only if these triggers exist!

Date: March 15, 2003 12:13PM
Posted by: Paulo Ricardo
I gave this ideas for SDI

Is there a way to make a random consecuive cars during a session, I mean, less cars at the beginning and more at the end. If so, we can select 22 free practice cars and sometimes could have all cars and sometimes none car, used to happen mainly in qualifying, a lot of cars at the end. Besides, if this values in GpxSet could change, it could change regarding the weather forecast.

The problem with having 1 car only in qualifiyng is that the second car only goes to the track after the first car park into the garage after his 3 laps, 1 hour is not enough to make the qualy, if would be possible to change that, take a look in one more idea. You would have to find where and how to determinate the entry order in GP4, then you could use one hour of friday session as a pre qualifiyng, 1 car by one, the final classification would determinates the entry order for saturday qualifying. Lets imagine a weekend, you can use a normal friday session with a lot of cars, then I don't know, enter again in GP4 and use the customized friday session to make the pre qualification ,then comes the normal saturday free session, then the qualifying session using the inverted order from the customized friday session, 1 car by one. We can forget the warm-up and chosing the same set up for the race. For the fuel would be possible to make the strategie before the qualifying, equals when we chose the tyres, this is possible, and maintaining for the qualifying and put less 3 fuel laps for the beginning of the race. The problem would be the CC cars, to find theirs strategies.

Continuing...another issue would be the players cars entry order, because we can enter any time, but it would be possible to use the selected car key, that green light used in multiplayer, after a determined time your car become a CC car. Into this qualifying sessions, the players cars would have to begin as a CC car, red light, and only become available, green light, when would be your turn, then after you finished yours 3 laps, the light become red again.

For example if you chose 3 consecutive cars with 3 qualifying laps, they will appears into the garage and they will go to track in a random order, I believe, if it could be found and be determined, let's say, 2 min of a gap between them. So, the 1st car will go to the track and the 2nd and 3rd will be waiting, after 2 min the 2nd car will go to the track, in 6 min the 3rd one will go to the track, at this time the 1st one will be back to the pit and allowing another car to appears in the garage and go to the track after 2 min from the 3rd one.

Keep your distance
Date: March 15, 2003 12:30PM
I believe, if it could be found and be determined, let's say, 2 min of a gap between them

Wouldn't be necessary! Instead of being triggered to go out after a further 2 mins, it can easily be triggered by the car on track as it crosses the finish line... its used in GpxPatch for the timing gfx, and is the rule used in real life anyway!

Date: March 15, 2003 01:05PM
right! much more better! Is it possible to find it and trigger?

Keep your distance
Date: March 15, 2003 01:08PM
It is very possible! If Rene can do it for GpxPatch, then why not!? I'll have a look into it!

Date: March 15, 2003 02:12PM
If it will be possible, it will be good if could find a way to increase the grip on track by time, until the end fo the session, to give a benefit to last driver on track

Keep your distance
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy