White Cars!?

Posted by senninho 
White Cars!?
Date: March 13, 2003 03:38PM
Posted by: senninho
ok, i've seen this mentioned plenty of times in forums, but have never actually seen an answer for it. I'm updating to 2002/3 cars, and are having probs with 3 cars by Shroeder and Nicola Acciarri - the arrows, the jaguar and the minardi (all 2002). As you've probably guessed, they are completely white, even though the actual shape seems correct. I'm using WadUpdater 1.6, and when i try to install any of these, it tells me it can't find some of the .tex files to replace them. I've noticed that the files it can't find have slightly different names to the originals, so i changed them back. is this what i'm doin wrong? If so, is there another way to get it to work? Hopefully someone will be able to help; thanks in advance to anyone who can!
Re: White Cars!?
Date: March 13, 2003 04:23PM
Posted by: Ellis
i changed them back. is this what i'm doin wrong

leave the file names as what they were, dont change anything

the carshapes are pointed to new files, not the orgional ones.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 14, 2003 10:42AM
Posted by: senninho
thanks, i had a feeling that could've been the problem, but is there any way to get round the fact that it then tell me it can't find the file to replace? I have tried GP4Master but that tells me gp4.exe is the wrong size, even though it is decrypted!

Date: March 14, 2003 10:56AM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Try using GPMaster or CSC4, Wadinstaller is a cool tool but to "feel your way" around in editing, I think that the other tools are more useful. Mind you, I'm just learning too!!!!

....................I quite like this now.
Date: March 14, 2003 02:49PM
Posted by: Max Downforce
You can change the car lods texture "calls" with a hex editor. In each lod there are 3 or 2 tex calls. Change them to what ever you want and make textures with that exact name. That should display your custom textures to your custom shape. Usually the shaper should has done this for you. However if you change the tex file names the calls are wrong and thus the car is white cause the shape can't find the correct textures.

Jon's CSC4 which will probably be out in a month or so will greatly facillitate this process so a hex editor is not needed anymore, Hallelujah!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appartement en minicamping te huur in de Ardennen
www.Ardennengevoel.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy