I want Dynamic Lighting!!!

Posted by JackieStewart 
I want Dynamic Lighting!!!
Date: March 13, 2003 05:00AM
Posted by: JackieStewart
I'm probably not going to get a great deal of help here but I'll ask anyway.
I'm running GP4 at 30fps. 32Bit textures are turned off but apart from that, I haven't altered my graphicsconfig.
I've got a Gefoce3 ti200, 256RAM, 60Gb HDD, 42.30 Drivers (Omega) and running Win98SE.
GP4 is looking and running superb BUT I'd really like to use the Dynamic Lighting effects but just can't get my system to handle it. OP runs around the 70-100 mark just now whilst I'm in "static" mode but when I switch to Dynamic I really loose pace. Eveything else is on full and I don't want to loose the graphic quality on the rest of the game. Has anyone got some "tips" for the graphicsconfig that'll help me out here.
By the way, mirrors are off as are video walls and heat haze etc.
Thanks
Jackie

....................I quite like this now.
Re: I want Dynamic Lighting!!!
Date: March 13, 2003 06:15AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Hey Jackie! I used to get 33fps w/ 1024x768 on Win2000. Then I switched to 98SE, downloaded major tom sturmann's config file and now I get 47fps! With a gf4 MX440 as well! So download that file and I bet you'll jump up fps, then u can put dynamic lighting on, and play it on full!

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: March 13, 2003 07:04AM
Posted by: variante_ascari
what's a dynamic lighting anyway???

Date: March 13, 2003 10:46AM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Chris,
I'll give toms file a go. I think I might have issues with the 32bit textures but hell, why not. Its only the Celtic match on TV tonight and I'm not a big fan of those guys (lol).
Jackie.
P.S.
Dynamic lighting is located in the graphics option page. You can switch between 3 "settings" which greatly effect the way your cars reflect light. They can go from a fairly flat metalic finish to an almost "glasslike" status.

....................I quite like this now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy