Posted by tux 
Re: i come with good news :)
Date: March 11, 2003 05:32PM
Posted by: CMJH69
**Awaiting Jon's reply!!**

Date: March 11, 2003 06:00PM
Posted by: Spike02
technically, Xero is right to some extent. using ZModeler, the shape can be put back, and using Jon's wheel position editor thingy, we can move back the wheels.

However, the helmet position in some cars may mean that the chassis will sink into the ground. Dunno, never tried it :(

Post Edited (03-12-03 01:05)
Date: March 11, 2003 06:24PM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
YAY!

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: March 12, 2003 04:32AM
Posted by: Ellis
I was just thinking, you may not be able to move the helmet position, but in Z-Modeller, u can select the car and move it backwards/ forwards to the position you want... would that work?!

I dont think so, because it will have the old positions for the collision. G4 stores the collsion in a mesh file or sumfin and u need to edit that too

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 12, 2003 09:10AM
Posted by: Xero
I dont think so, because it will have the old positions for the collision. G4 stores the collsion in a mesh file or sumfin and u need to edit that too

I was thinking that too!... but surely the helmet positions aren't that much different!... I mean, we're talking about moving it ever so slightly! The cars go so fast that when they do hit something, we will not notice the difference! It's too quick for our eyes!

Date: March 12, 2003 09:30AM
Posted by: tux
the colisions are done by the car shape.

it might be possible

Date: March 12, 2003 02:15PM
Posted by: broders
jon, max downforces 7up mercedes is WAY better than the coca-cola one :P

-=-=-=-=-=-
VT Driver
Broders
Date: March 13, 2003 03:38AM
Posted by: Xero
the colisions are done by the car shape

Well thats the helmet problem solved! Someone should try it! (by someone, I mean not me cause i'm lazy! ;))

Date: March 13, 2003 05:14AM
Posted by: sntgeorge
Currently I'm working on a shape based on Williams but I'm planning to run it on the Arrowsslot... I'll tell you what is happening. If something doesn't come out right, I'll try to fix it with Jon's GP4 Genius that let you edit the damage model....
Date: March 13, 2003 06:02AM
Posted by: Max Downforce
The car on display in Jon's fine editor is actually BA Racing's custommade Coca Cola car (customized by me). BA Racing is competing in the GPVWC.

Jon, can custom shapes be used too? Together with custom textures?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appartement en minicamping te huur in de Ardennen
www.Ardennengevoel.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy