Data 3 cab?

Posted by JackieStewart 
Data 3 cab?
Date: March 09, 2003 12:33PM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Hi all,
I've tried to install "Vipers 2003 Visor Set" (downloaded from an inferior web site!). It crashed my GP4 and I'm trying to re-install BUT after uninstalling GP4 from my hard drive, on the re-install I get toaround 11% and it asks me to insert disk 0 and locate the "data3.cab". 'Cos I can't do it, the install aborts. Firstly, I've never been asked for this before and secondly, I don't know what it is.
Can anybody help.
Cheers Jackie.
P.S. I could KILL Viper, this isn't the first time I've had problems with his WAD Installers. GP4 was running soooooo sweetly!!!

....................I quite like this now.
Re: Data 3 cab?
Date: March 09, 2003 12:56PM
Posted by: tux
saying that ull kill viper wont help u get an awnser

Date: March 09, 2003 01:03PM
Well, it all went "tits up" just after I tried to install his patch, this is at least the 4th time i've had problems with his stuff, Ralph H has got him on his "blacklist", various forums "dis" him. Shall I go on or do you want to debate the semantics of the verse and prose!

Date: March 09, 2003 01:10PM
so what, he makes good cars. thats what im going on, if u dont like his installer then install it a different way

Date: March 09, 2003 01:22PM
I would if I could but GP4 is not running anymore and I can re-install it. Thats why I'm asking about data3.cab and also indicating to the wider user population that we should be wary of this guys stuff 'cos it really messes up GP4.
I like his cars too BUT if he keeps posting add-ons that aren't fully developed and tested which then go on to SCREW UP other peoples systems, then he should concentrate his considerable talents on other games as he's not too good at this one.
Dumass, I like many, many other GP4 buyers am frustrated at the best of times with the bugs and discrepancies in this game. When it does run well, its a superb way of relaxing and enjoying yourself. When some ass**le punts badly made patches, you get upset.
No blame to you my friend but don't go and get critical of my statements. You've been around GP4 long enough to know how much it gets to you when sh*t like this happens.

Date: March 09, 2003 02:07PM
hey...

first thing. change ure sig to this... [ img]http://www.sportcartoons.co.uk/souness1.jpg[ /img] (without the spaces)

2nd, ever heard of backups?

3rd, why didnt u just get the old wads from teh gp4 cd?

4th, i know that gp4 can be a bitch sometimes, but thats no reason to threatn (spelt so wrong) people

im done, anyone else? :P

Date: March 09, 2003 02:39PM
Dumass,
Whats your problem.
1. Thanks for the info.
2. My backups don't work as the problem Im asking about has basically floored my OS's recongition of GP4 completely. I can run the backup but my editors won't work.
3. Thats not the problem, data3.cab is associated with the "Safedisk" app and you can't overcome the problem this way.
4. Don't be so stoopid. As far as I understand Viper is on the other side of the globe and far enough away not to worry about any "violent tendances" I may have.
Have you ever heard of "figures of speech".
Speaking figuratively (sic)
"Are you calling wur lass a whore?"
Now, away you go.

Back to my point: Anyone got help or a solution to my point.

Point 2: Anyone got a life for Dumass.

Date: March 09, 2003 02:49PM
Posted by: brettly
C'mon boys..leave it alone , hey u downloaded a @#$%& patch and u want some help , no-ones replying????

Give me 5 cents everytime of done that id be rich....

AND as far as i can tell Dumbass is the 'smartest' ass around here when it comes to GP4

Anyone got an ANSWER????
Date: March 09, 2003 02:53PM
Posted by: Xero
It sounds to me like your cd is corrupted i'm afraid to say! Check the surface for scratches... if there are none, then do you store it near hifi speakers of any kind... that too can damage it! It may be possible to fix, but it would require you to purchase a 'CD boost kit'. I've seem them in shops, dont know how well they work or how much they cost though.

Date: March 09, 2003 02:53PM
I didn't say he wasn't. he hit me first (lol)

Date: March 09, 2003 02:57PM
try this....

copy all the files to the hd from the cd and try an install.

get WinISO or CloneCD (i wont tell u were to get them coz its against the rules to help warez :P) and make a cd image. then either emulate it using DAEMON Tools or burn to cd.

Date: March 09, 2003 02:58PM
Posted by: Ellis
This has come up before, check the search button at the top of this, and every page on this forum.

note to bruno: make the search button font size 50 and flash between red and yellow colouring and maybe people will finally look at it?

3rd, why didnt u just get the old wads from teh gp4 cd?

you cant see the wads on the CD, they are hidden inside other files

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 09, 2003 03:00PM
i ment get them from the cab files (use a decompiler for installshield)

Date: March 09, 2003 04:34PM
Posted by: Vader
Xero is right. The problem with "data3.cab" during installations only occurs if the CD is damaged or the drive is damaged. Are there any scratches on the CD? Or is the lense of your CD laser dirty (smoking at the PC can kill CD-Rom drives)? Do you have a second CD drive (CDR or something) that you can try to install from?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 09, 2003 04:55PM
Posted by: Ellis
i have had this problem before and trying to install it again worked

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 10, 2003 12:44AM
Cheers guys,
I'll give some of your tips a go today and let u know how I get on. I've tried re-installing other games and there's no problem so I don't think its the drive itself. Could be the CD-Rom but on inspection, all the files are visable and the CD itself is pretty much "out of the box" quality.
I'll be emailing Viper directly to ask him if anyoneelse has had these problems and to point out my concerns regarding some of his work. I'm still pretty sure that it was his Wad Installer that caused the errors.
Anyway, well done DC, good race, best for a long time.
Jackie

Date: March 10, 2003 01:14AM
Posted by: Chunter
data 3 cab errors usually occur after the game has been "backed up"..
i know this as i "back up " all of my games...sounds like you need to " re backup " your game if you get my drift......
Date: March 10, 2003 01:22AM
oh and heres how you sig should be

Date: March 10, 2003 02:43AM
Hi,
Think I could have a CD problem here.
I tried to do a backup of the CD to my HD. It backed up, but on the verification, I got an discrepancy between the Original and the Copy. The problem related to the data2.cab!
Where can you pick up a cheap GP4 copy retail!!!!!!!!!!

Date: March 10, 2003 04:37AM
try using a program called alcohol 120 % to "backup" your games..just copying to the hard drive doesn't do it...there are things you can't see..i'm not going to elaborate...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy