Does anybody know this?

Posted by ayazyounis 
Does anybody know this?
Date: March 09, 2003 08:20AM
Posted by: ayazyounis
i am getting a new computer in the next couple of days to have faster frame rates in gp4 but i have a problem. i dont know the difference between intel and amd processors. for example is an athlon 2600+ the same as an intel p4 2.6ghz processor? does anyone have these processors? what kind of frame rates are you getting. i heard that you can get 40+ frame rate with a p4 and good graphics card.
Re: Does anybody know this?
Date: March 09, 2003 08:27AM
Posted by: Ellis
is an athlon 2600+ the same as an intel p4 2.6ghz processor?

No, and AMD 1.6 is approx the same as a Pentium 2.o. But AMDs run hottter so cant be overclocked, but pentiums can

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 09, 2003 09:00AM
Posted by: tux
amd are about 20% faster then pentium

Date: March 09, 2003 09:06AM
but overcourse cant be overclocked as much

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 09, 2003 09:13AM
Posted by: anze89
AMD is worser than Intel

Date: March 09, 2003 10:50AM
Posted by: andrew_S
go for amd, just make sure you have a big enough case, and you heatsink fan is quite powerfull

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: March 09, 2003 11:25AM
Posted by: Vader
The AMD 2600+ is said to be as fast as the Intel P4 2,6. In some benchmarks it is even faster, hence the "+".

The number AMD gives is not the tact-frequency of the CPU, but the reference speed compared to Intel. I have an AMD 2200+. It runs with 1,8Ghz and is said to be as fast as the P4 2,2 but a hell of a lot cheaper. Together with a good gfx card (gf4 series) this package is enough for GP4. Compared to the way more expensive Intel P 2,6, the AMD 2600+ is certainly value for money. You cannot really make something wrong with that.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 09, 2003 02:52PM
Posted by: shmall
Mhz for Mhz AMD are maybe 20% faster as you state... :)

However the xp2600+ only runs at 2083Mhz but I would say that even though its 517Mhz slower than the P4 2600 its maybe just as fast.. :) (hence the AMD naming)

It would be great if we could get an AMD running at a true 3000Mhz, I long for the day it does.... :)

Untill then I will keep my P4-2.8 runnnig at 3350 Mhz :) (at only 1.6v and 35 degrees C ) :)

Simon.
Date: March 09, 2003 04:11PM
Posted by: Beardless2
There is an AMD running at 3.5 GHZ yes thats 3.5 GHz. Overclocked of course with liquid nitrogen. It is as fast as a 4.6 Ghz P4 :)

Also, AMD's can be overclocked quite well if u have a nForce2 mobo.

And yes the PR rating ie 2600+ means it performs the same as a P4 2.6 Ghz (roughly) as it does more work per clock cycle

Band of the week: Muse
Game of the week: Call of Duty

Beardless2

AMD XP 2700+ | Asus A7N8X nForce 2 Deluxe | 1 GB PC2700 RAM DC | ATI RADEON 9800 | WD 120GB 8MB | NEC 16x DVD | Lite-on 48x24x48 | XP
Date: March 09, 2003 04:32PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
intel will reach 4 ghz this year. intel germany told also that they will reach 8ghz till 2005.

Think i have a slow pc next time if they will reach their targets - again. ;)

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: March 09, 2003 05:03PM
CPU speed approx doubles each year

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy