Gp4Tweaker...Question?

Posted by gap177 
Gp4Tweaker...Question?
Date: March 09, 2003 08:19AM
Posted by: gap177
This utility doesn't seem to be working for me.I've installed it......does it need to be in Gp4 folder to work?.........if I recall correctly Gp3Tweaker needed to be in the Gp3S2k folder.

Glenn

Glenn (Cdn)
Re: Gp4Tweaker...Question?
Date: March 09, 2003 08:22AM
Posted by: ayazyounis
no it does not need to be in the gp4 folder. just install it like any other app. it will pick it up automatically. if you use a keyboard then dont bother enabling stop and go penalty. i tried it and it gets stuck in pits.
Date: March 09, 2003 08:59AM
Posted by: tux
the drive thru is pretty good :)

Date: March 09, 2003 09:23AM
Posted by: Madman271
You may installed at any folder you'd like. Actually GP4 Tweaker check the GP4 folder from the registry, located at

Key: HKLM\software\infogrames\grand prix 4\1.00\Install Dir
Section: directory

If this registry key not found, GP4 Tweaker will ask you a correct GP4 folder each time you running it.

Ch88rs,
Madman
Date: March 09, 2003 09:37AM
Thanks Madman.....I'll check it out later.Just wondering.........Does it work with GPxPatch?

Glenn
Date: March 09, 2003 09:45AM
Actually I'm not using GPxPatch. But I never heard people complaining or report conflict with other GP4 tools.

Or maybe you mean GP4 patch? If so, GP4 Tweaker v1040 works on the patch version as well as the original.

Gr88ts,
Madman
Date: March 09, 2003 11:02AM
Still not working.I have 2 seperate installs of gp4 on my pc(2001-original and 2002-modified season).I have tried to run gp4 with GPxPatch by SDI and without(gp4decrypted no-cd with the official patch) after using the disabler.Madman--->Wouldn't it be better if the "user" could configure this utility?

Glenn
Date: March 09, 2003 12:04PM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Glenn,
I'm having the same problems. It seems to be "reading" where GP4 is and it opens up and seems to be updating GP4 but on running the game, it's made no difference.
Have U had any luck?
I'm running GPxPatch (latest Version) and I really don't want to loose it for obvious reasons.
Let me know how U get on m8.
Jackie

....................I quite like this now.
Date: March 09, 2003 12:32PM
Posted by: tux
i used it with gpxpatch and gp4 patch 1.02 and tis perfect :)

Date: March 10, 2003 05:24AM
If you mean the problem is because GP4 Tweaker cannot handle multi-installed GP4, you are correct.

GP4 Tweaker only detect current (and active) installed GP4. Of course it is not a good idea to change the registry each time you want to tweaks of different installed GP4.

The most reasonable solution for now is by creating several *.reg files and make a desktop shortcut to them. These .reg files contains different GP4 folder path.

I was thinking about supporting multi-installed GP4 on GP4 Tweaker few days ago. I hope this is will applied to the next version.

Hope this is satisfy your question.

Gr88ts,
Madman
Date: March 10, 2003 08:57PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
Also using gpxpatch and v1.02 and it works nearly perfect.

Only has some crashs to desktop if setting pit stop timings. Have to test it.

All other is working great. Drive Through is great.

@ Madman: If Drive Trough is enabled the car brakes hard if i will pass my pit boxes. Same as i want to pit :/.

Can you fix this? Hope you know what i mean.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: March 14, 2003 01:57PM
Well, I'm not allowed to pass the pitlane at 300 kph for applying drive-thru penalty if that is you want to be. :)
However, you may still approaching at high speed, but the car will automatically apply the brake. This is from the game behaviour.
I've already found a new method to restrict player approaching the pitlane entry at high speed. Hope this is available at next release.

For the problem you mentioned in this forum, unfortunately, there is no solution for now to avoid the car a little bit slower when approaching their own paddock. But I'm still trying to find it. Don't worry be happy. :)

Ch88rs,
Madman
Date: March 14, 2003 02:49PM
Posted by: Orpheus
nice work tho madman :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: March 16, 2003 03:53AM
Posted by: El_Presidente
Was a gp3Tweaker ever made?

I've never seen it, but it would be great to adjust pit stop times etc. in GP3-2k.

Post Edited (03-16-03 10:53)
Date: March 16, 2003 04:05AM
Posted by: microprose.nut
I have found a bug with Gp4 pitlane that gp4 tweaker can fix

It is when you go in for repairs. It happens with any team

A Ferrari is set for 20 delay for repairs, I went in and it kept me there the whole race!!!!!! I tested it with all the other teams.

To solve this:
Just set all the delay times to 1 :-)
Date: March 21, 2003 02:05PM
Unfortunately, I never though to release GP3 Tweaker or such utility. Some of GPx authors will agree that working on GPx codes will takes lots of time and hard works, and I've no much time to exploring GP3 codes. I believe there is GP2 codes still exists in GP3 and GP4 (especially for 16-bits codes). Maybe one day somebody has an idea to porting GP4 Tweaker code patching into previous GPx series.

Gr88ts,
Madman
Date: March 21, 2003 02:13PM
To microprose.nut:

Is it mean a fault of GP4 Tweaker? If so, I'll try to fix it on another release. As I tested by myself, I never stuck on pit for repairing or normal pitstop (except if we use normal GP4 pitstop time). But if we set the repair time too short, it's becomes unrealistic.

Note: I tested it using plain GP4 without any tools used (except GP4 Tweaker).

Ch88rs,
Madman
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy