thankyou gp4 forum users!

Posted by overkill 
thankyou gp4 forum users!
Date: March 09, 2003 05:54AM
Posted by: overkill
first of all this is a bit of a ramble so i apoligise for that!

id just like to say thankyou to the users of this forum for making me a very happy man.

up until recently i had major problems getting gp4 to run in any sort of reasonable state. i was running a athlon 1.2 @1.4 and a geforce2 gts pro giving me about 18 fps! i tried upgrading my graphics card to an ati 9700 but this only resulted in an increase to 22 fps! on top of this my p0 remained unchanged - 120 - 150, resulting in many lockups and system freezes.

afte much searching of gp4 forums i found this one and thankfully you had the answers!

i disabled my soundblaster acceleration which instantly resulted in a jump to 30 fps, not great you say, but i am now able to turn all settings up max except for dynamic reflections and run it in 1600 x 1280 resolution and still get 30 fps.

i then took the advice of a guy called morbid who recommended turning down the fps below the recommended to free up some processor power which resulted in my p0 dropping to an average 80-90, with the odd spike.

this got me thinking about my system freezes and i traced them to the fact that i had overclocked my amd from 1.2 to 1.4, therefore when the p0 jumped over 100% my cpu couldnt handle the jump and crashed. turning the processor down to 1.3 has meant ive now had a week of crash/freeze free gp4 heaven and i owe it all to you guys for getting me sorted.

thankyou once again for your advice and help.

mark.
Re: thankyou gp4 forum users!
Date: March 09, 2003 07:39AM
Posted by: Ellis
Nice to be appreciated :D Thank you for visiting :P

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 10, 2003 07:38AM
Posted by: Morbid
Cheers!

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: March 10, 2003 09:53AM
Posted by: Anonymous User

No problem! ;-)

Date: March 10, 2003 01:30PM
Posted by: Spike02
alfie!! anyone remember him? ;)

Date: March 10, 2003 02:14PM
Posted by: Jorn
He's back on the tv here in Belgium, it's the first time that I see it, he's nuts :)

Post Edited (03-10-03 21:15)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy