Getting GP1

Posted by Capdeville 
Getting GP1
Date: March 07, 2003 10:36PM
Posted by: Capdeville
Hi to all !

Some years ago...just some or maybe...a lot of time ago i bought the first version of the best racing simulator game, the GP1 or World Circuit...

But I cant find it anymore and I remembered that some time I read that because of the time it has become free of copyright so it can be dowloaded without any problem from internet.

Does somebody can tell me if I can get it that way ?

I remember that there were 3 HDD, and I have to read the manual to look for the right word, etc, etc...

please help me

I dont know even if its playable now, but since I have ALL the Crammond´s GPx games I wish I had it...

Thank you very much

[home.graffiti.net]
Re: Getting GP1
Date: March 08, 2003 01:46AM
Posted by: CeeGee
Date: March 08, 2003 02:21AM
Posted by: Spike02
ehhh?!? wrong forum :-(

Date: March 08, 2003 03:32AM
Posted by: G_Force
Doesn't it take 50 years or something like that for something to be out of copyright?, i didnt think the game was that old!

----------
[timblair.net]
----------
Homer Simpson: "Well i would like to live long enough to see the effects of global warming, cos i've got an inside line that its all a load of crap"
Date: March 08, 2003 03:45AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
50 years? lol there isnt a computer game 50 years old!

Gp1 + gp2 are abandonware so you should be able to get both of them online

Date: March 08, 2003 04:19AM
Posted by: Andrew81au
Still got GP1, GP2, GP3 and GP4 on my PC. Can't play GP1 or GP2, computer's to fast for them.
Date: March 08, 2003 04:33AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
You can't download it! The download link is broken!

I have GP2 GP3 and GP4, so I was gonna try it.

Anywhere else you can get it?

Date: March 08, 2003 06:20AM
Posted by: CeeGee
I have a copy. if you are interested then email me:

wally.thedog@virgin.net

CeeGee
Date: March 08, 2003 06:33AM
Posted by: tux
www.the-underdogs.org i think

gp1 isnt abandonware yet

Date: March 08, 2003 07:38AM
Posted by: Alex13
I have every gp game :)
gp1 2 3 and 4.
But be prepared. GP1 is waaaaay too old...

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: March 08, 2003 07:40AM
Posted by: Alex13
oh i forgot to tell you one thing. Is you want to find gp1, try to search for this word "Abandonware" + "worldcircuit" ;)

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: March 08, 2003 07:43AM
Posted by: Covfan
GP1 is so 13 years ago ;)
I got it !
Date: March 08, 2003 07:46AM
Sorry to Kudoz ! :)

I got it from :
[www.simracingworld.com]

comes with the "nocd" patch installed and with the original "drivers" I think it wasn´t an official FIA game because no real names are on it.

I have to get an utility in order to use the game in Win98, its called "gpmem":
[www.simracingworld.com]

ohhh....

great game...

back to the basis

and my P.O its always 0% !

now I have all the GPx series

thank you

[home.graffiti.net]
Date: March 08, 2003 09:32AM
I got a different version from SimRacing world! It doesn't work though, it says that I haven't got enough memory or something??

I tried installing GP2 on my new system. Only the sound didn't work as my soundcard wasn't on the list, and it didn't reckognise my joystick. It also looked REALLY fast, I mean, totally mental. I don't think it was running in real time ie 1 second on game was about 0.75 in real life!!!

Date: March 08, 2003 09:41AM
Posted by: tux
gp1 has so many names :o

Date: March 08, 2003 12:24PM
Hi !

As I said, with gpmem utility, you can use the game perfectly !,it configures the known DOS problems with 640Kb base RAM and HIMEM.

both Gp1 and Gp2 are MSDOS games, so you need the 16b sound emulation drivers under Windows...both games work and sound well...

but both of them have to be driven with the keyboard..but its okay to me because I just use them to watch the differences between games, years and moanings.

Bye !

At last I can drive in Mexico City grandprix again !!!!!

Post Edited (03-08-03 19:30)

[home.graffiti.net]
Date: March 08, 2003 01:24PM
Posted by: JagManDan
Yes you can download at various sites listed above with some tweakers to make run fine on newer PC's

But why not try getting the orginal from ebay

I got gp2 from there

and until gp4 came out was my prefered choice.
Date: March 08, 2003 01:37PM
You can use GPL fine without DOS! I did so on W98 untill I re-installed Windows (I only had the patched demo. I must buy the game from somewhere!)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy