My GP4 crashes, HELP PLEASE!

Posted by Craigy 
My GP4 crashes, HELP PLEASE!
Date: March 04, 2003 03:26PM
Posted by: Craigy
I have GP4 and upon loading a race (it could be ''free practice'' ''non championship'' or ''season'';) About 70% of the time it stops loading and my PC restarts itself.

I've the latest DX8.1, Detonators & bios update. I've tried running the original, the decrypted ''no cd'', and the official GP4 patch and also running these through GPXpatch but it's still the same.

Usually I just reload but it also crashes my pc when I go to the pits and go into car setup. Upon loading back to my car from the ''car setup'' or ''telemetry'' it will crash again so I can't set my car up!

My pc config is:

Asus A7N8X mobo (latest bios & recommended nForce all in 1's) (onboard sound disabled)
xp 2200+ 266fsb with Thermaltech Volcano 7 fan
Crucial PC 2700 RAM 333fsb DDR (512mb)
Seagate Baraccuda 80GB 7200rpm HDD
MSI G4 4200 64MB GPU
SB Audigy2
Win XP Pro & SP1 with all critical updates

I have the latest drivers for my hardware & tried earlier detonator drivers. I'm running Asus Probe and my system & CPU aren't overheating during gameplay. Asus Probe temps are the same as the bios temps so I can trust the readings.
I have no driver conflicts in device manager and DXdiag finds no problems.
It can't be a dodgy cd as I've tried the no cd patch.
I've no bad sectors or errors on my HDD.
I'm not overclocking and have all the voltage, multiplier & fsb settings set correctly.

Anyone any idea? It's driving me mad!!!

Post Edited (03-04-03 22:27)

How can I work the remote?!, with these!!! (Monkey talking about lack of fingers in ITV Digital ad)
Re: My GP4 crashes, HELP PLEASE!
Date: March 04, 2003 03:46PM
Posted by: Mac_Paint
Try deleting the F1GSave file in your game folder. Sometimes this gets corrupted. I delete this file and everythings ok until I muck up some setting in the game.

Pete

Athlon XP 2000+
Nvidia GeForce Ti4400
512mb Ram
Windows XP Pro with SP1
MS ForceFeedback Wheel
Date: March 06, 2003 08:40AM
Posted by: Craigy
Tried that and it's not worked. It crashed on the 1st install with no modifications so I don't think anything should get corrupted.

I'm at a total loss!

How can I work the remote?!, with these!!! (Monkey talking about lack of fingers in ITV Digital ad)
Date: March 06, 2003 10:09AM
Posted by: LarryM
Have you tried a total reinstall.? Uninstall and wipe everything off the pc, use regclean and start afresh.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy