gpx patch display prob

Posted by Chunter 
gpx patch display prob
Date: March 03, 2003 08:18AM
Posted by: Chunter
even thpugh i choose the "classic" view for in the game, it always comes up as digital..anyone know how to rectify this ?

amd 2400xp,1024 ddr 266,geforce 4 ti 4200,512 sound blaster,win xp pro sp1
Re: gpx patch display prob
Date: March 03, 2003 01:32PM
Posted by: GLD
My prob is different, my gpxpatch timings aren't graphically very good....despite running on the higher resolutions, they look messy.
Date: March 03, 2003 02:12PM
Posted by: Morbid
The fonts are a crude copyjob. I am pretty sure it is because they are copyrighted fonts, and ppl pay big $$$ to use them. When they are messy, then why bother taking legal action against SDI?

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: March 04, 2003 03:00AM
So let's make out own gp4 community fonts.................just an idea
Date: March 04, 2003 04:23AM
Well the fonts that come with GpxPatch are the fonts that TAG-Heuer actually use showing the timing on TV. They were too messy for me, so I changed them. I thought about fixing them, but given the fact that they are copyrighted I had second thoughts about that. Instead I changed my fonts.ini to:

[futura]
Height=18
FaceName=Haettenschweiler
FontFile=gfx\fonts\f0000819.ttf

[manana]
Height=18
FaceName=Miriam
Bold=700
FontFile=gfx\fonts\gstmanb0.ttf

[courier]
Height=10
FaceName=Courier New
InterLineSpacing=-2
Filtering=0

They look pretty good. No more mess, and they are somewhat close to the fonts that TAG-Heuer use. Furthermore, each number and letter takes up the same amount of space, as opposed to the other fonts, were 9's, 0's and m's fill out much more space than 1's and i's. So you don't get the cramped and jittery look when the rpm 9999 changes from to 11111, and the whole number or/and name shifts to the right.

With these fonts, the thousands, hundreds and tens stay in the same slot, regardless of the number they show. The same with the letters. Sauber (6 slots) takes up the same amount of space as Jordan (6 slots).

Of course, for the purist, this won't cut the mustard at all. You can find sites via google where you can buy the real fonts for personal use. It's about 25.00$ a piece. I have no idea what they charge, if you intend to distribute the fonts.

Date: March 04, 2003 04:57AM
Upon further inspection I found that the font that I recommended for the letters does not use the same space for each letter. But it is pretty close. The numbers however, do use the same amount of space for each number.

Date: March 04, 2003 06:53AM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Chunter,
Sorry I can't help with this one but I was wondering if you were planning and new carshapes/liveries.
Date: March 04, 2003 10:01AM
But surely it can't be that hard to make our own? Gpgamers.Nl make some pretty impressive front ends and i suppose it would look good to have all community members using an impressive font thingy. I'd love to do one but my crappy pc that doesn't even run gp4 died last week, so i haven't got access to any graphics programmes.
Date: March 04, 2003 11:17AM
Jackie i'm not planning any cars ..they're too time intensive and what with games like splinter cell,igi 2,unreal 2,simcity 4 and c+c generals to play my time is limited.
but i will soon be releasing 2003 team art (temporary until mclaren launch new car) and i will also release some loading screens ...two more to do

amd 2400xp,1024 ddr 266,geforce 4 ti 4200,512 sound blaster,win xp pro sp1
Date: March 05, 2003 06:27AM
Chunter,
Mine doesthis as well. I can't get the "Classic" ags to work. Did you have any luck with this one?
Jackie

....................I quite like this now.
Date: March 05, 2003 10:52AM
no not yet mate
Date: March 05, 2003 04:12PM
Chunter,
I've just re-installed the whole shebang (problem with 9.6 as usual!), but when I ran GPx for the first time I set it to "Classic". It worked. I haven't tried to go "Digital" since and 'cos GP4 is GP4, I probably won't!!!!
Give it a try if you can be arsed.
Jackie

....................I quite like this now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy