[POLL] How do you race in GP4?

Posted by jucksman 
Re: [POLL] How do you race in GP4?
Date: May 03, 2012 03:32PM
Posted by: Wacky-Racer
I stick with the original game because I have yet to race in every car.
Championship, 100% Race Distance
Professional level
Logitech MOMO steering wheel

I alwasy restart when I screw up but I am at the point that I screw up so much I might as well take the consequences and learn from my mistakes. :)
Date: May 03, 2012 04:49PM
Posted by: Wacky-Racer
I guess I should also state that I am currently running as Fisichella in the old Benetton team. So far:
Australia - Qualified 19th, DNF, accident. I didn't realize how bad my setups were, so I downloaded some and tweaked them.

Maylasia - Qualified 10th, finished 21st, 2 laps down. Was in 8th and tried to block Trulli. Instead I ran into the back of the car in 7th and ripped off the front wing. :(

Brazil - Qualified 15th, DNF. Was comfortably in 13th and starting to do well but I was worried Irvine might pass me so I lost concentration and put teh car in the wall trying to block him. :(

San Marino - Qualified 20th. Finish 20th, 3 laps down. More losing body parts, more moving out of the way.

Spain - Qualified 11th, finished14th. Tried a three stop strategy which might of worked had I consistenly gotten a better launch into the start/finish straight. I also weaved too much trying to defend my position when I should have let cars go and saved the tires.

Currently in Austria where I qualified 11th. Somehow I got a great start and was up to 3rd. I couldn't put much distance between the 4th place car but I have the setup so nice that 4th could not challenge me. Once the 2nd place car crashed I couldn't believe it, 2nd place in the crappy Benetton! Go figure though, on lap 10 I suffered suspension damage and was forced to pit. Now I am in 17th with no real hope of finishing in the points. Also, everyone is on a 1 stop strategy and pitting between laps 41-43, even though I know I changed the pit strategy so it was almost 50-50 between 1 & 2 stops. Bummer if I can't fix it!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2012 05:25PM by Wacky-Racer.
Date: May 05, 2012 05:39AM
Posted by: gildoorf
I have 3 main folders inside Infogrames folder:

1. GP4 - for CSM, MODs I usually play GP2 MOD and DTM

2. GP4 Update - where I keep all updates and a huge folder named WIP with subfolders named by Track Project: hundreds of pictures by year, videos, .dwg files, textures, etc, etc, etc...

3. GP5 - Formula 1 basically. And this is the way I play it:
3.1. Championship, race by race and results computed on a separated excel sheet;
3.2. Replace Mark Webber with my own name, surely
3.3. 100% races, all F1 tracks, even if I have them at a single dat file stage.
3.4. Randomic weather, ACE, Performance based on Paulo´s Performance Excel Sheet

Own helmet, own sponsorships for RB8, Own cockpit for private use, Samuele´s HUD.

Play on keyboard, steering wheel only for online sessions for F1 2011 with PrBlanco.

And most important: Backup every two weeks on a portable HD

Date: May 14, 2012 07:16PM
Posted by: arrowsf1fan
I started in 2008 with championchip seasons from that moment i play gp4 as follow:

- Championchip Season ( I'maked my own calendar )
- Teams and Drivers are from the 2000 season ( I play as myself driving for Benetton at this moment )
- Full Race
- Realistic weather
- Pro level
- Playing with the keyboard

After each season, the teams and drivers without points they are going out of the F1 they are replaced by teams and drivers
chosen by myself. Performance for teams and drivers are based on the results of the last season.
Date: May 14, 2012 08:53PM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
I often do...

-Quickraces
-Any team/driver
-Often use CSM mods
-Realistic weather
-Pro (sometimes Ace, often depending on the mod) difficulty
-Keyboard (with steering/throttle/gearbox assistance. If I used a wheel it would be different)

My GP3 style is different, but that is a different game... :)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy