Problems with GP4.exe

Posted by dieguezzz 
Problems with GP4.exe
Date: February 26, 2003 06:00PM
Posted by: dieguezzz
It's a small problem but...when I try to update the directory of gp4 to gpmaster it says that I don't have the right size of the .exe.

What does it means??? I don't have the right size... and when I play the game, now 9.6 patched the ferrari liveries are completely white, can somebody explain that.

Thanx... Dieguezzz

McLaren e' la numero 1 e lo sara' per sempre!!!!
Re: Problems with GP4.exe
Date: February 26, 2003 06:37PM
Posted by: tux
uve awnserd ure own question.

gp4master doesnt support the patched gp4 (unless u use the one lauri fixed up, but i don think u are)

Date: February 27, 2003 01:45AM
Posted by: jp2
1. copy you cars.wad and an old unpatched gp4.exe to a new folder. tell gp4master to use this .exe. when your done, copy the new cars.wad to your gp4-folder.

2. afaik, white ferraris occur when you havent patched your gp4 properly. you have to extract the patch to a new folder and RUN the setup. DO NOT just copy the fiels to your gp4-folder.

hope this helps, greetings, jp
Date: February 27, 2003 02:33PM
Posted by: dieguezzz
when I try to run setup.exe it tells me that I don't have gp4 installed in this machine but i do, I'm ignorant am I??? Thanx for the help!!!
dieguezzz

McLaren e' la numero 1 e lo sara' per sempre!!!!
Date: February 27, 2003 03:01PM
Posted by: tux
1. is it a warez gp4?
2. did you reinstall windows?
3. what setup.exe? :P

Date: February 28, 2003 07:01AM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
Hmn, it musnt be a warez version.

Some players i know having a original version have same problem.

Think sometimes gp4setup installs the game but dont write correct registry. I had same problem. Ever i loaded cd autostart tells me to install the game. But it was allready installed.

Use gp4 registry editor to set your gp4 loaction or reinstall the whole game.

Have a look to your registry and search for gp4.exe. There's n entry but nothing about gp4 loaction. This error is on winxp /2k only.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy