Oh my god!!!! GP4 rocks again!

Posted by -qwerty- 
Oh my god!!!! GP4 rocks again!
Date: February 24, 2003 04:32AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
OK, I have a XP2000+, GF4mx440 etc. I used to have Windows 2000, and was getting 28ish fps on 1024x768.

I just changed to Win98SE (thanks for the advice, Vader) and used Major Tom's config file, and now I get a huge 47fps!!!!!!

*cough*mx card*cough*

And let me tell you, those who say there's no difference between 25 and 40fps are just sore cos they can't get 40fps (j/k!!!!) but seriously, there is a huge difference!!! Its all so much smoother, and it feels like I'm going much, much faster than I was at 27fps!!!!

So there is hope for us mx card owners!

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Re: Oh my god!!!! GP4 rocks again!
Date: February 24, 2003 04:36AM
Posted by: genesis
Yeah the MX cards are definetly better than people reckon. I@m running XP with a Geforce 4mx 420 with everything on full and I get 33 fps.

I need to get 98SE tho!!

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: February 24, 2003 05:08AM
Posted by: sasjag
i need an MX and 98SE!!!

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: February 24, 2003 07:02AM
Posted by: Ellis
So there is hope for us mx card owners!

yup, we have said that all along on this forum, jsut the hardware obsessed ppl come in shouting that they suck, but they really dont

Win98? Pah! God i hate 98

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 24, 2003 08:15AM
Posted by: CMJH69
Whys that Ellis?

**downloads Major Tom's config file**

Date: February 24, 2003 08:49AM
Posted by: aedewey
sorry for the question, but where can i try that major tom config file? i cant still run gp4 in decent way in a PIV 1,7 ghz, 256 ram and a geforce 2 mx 64mb.
Thanks in advance
Date: February 24, 2003 10:21AM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
I'm getting 33fps at 1280x1024 full everything on a G4 4400 :D

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: February 24, 2003 11:27AM
Posted by: Orpheus
"yup, we have said that all along on this forum, jsut the hardware obsessed ppl come in shouting that they suck, but they really dont

Win98? Pah! God i hate 98"

*COUGH* *SNEEZE* 128mb gf4 ti 4600 ;) *LAUGHS* *COUGH* ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: February 24, 2003 03:02PM
good for you, like i REALLY care! You can have your Ti all you want, but fact is it does not mean the MX series is as bad as people with ti cards think

Why do i hate 98? Cos it asks you to retstart on everything you do, and you need to go finding drivers for everything whilst XP does that all for you

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 25, 2003 10:50AM
Posted by: Orpheus
jeez ellis i was only messing. i didnt say mx cards were bad. how wld i kno i never played gp4 with one of them!. dont generalise ti owners. just becos some of them say mx cards are crap doesnt mean everyone has the same view.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: February 25, 2003 12:36PM
Posted by: _Alex_
Is 98 SE really that fast? I still have my old CD, but I've been running XP for quite a few months now and I don't think I could take the change back :s

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: February 25, 2003 12:39PM
im not gona bother installing 98 again. I run ntfs format,. and dual booting with 98 wont work

Date: February 25, 2003 01:11PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
Never said a mx card is bad. I also used a 440 mx from msi till august 2002. Ok i missed 20 fps, got only 27 (think like you). Now i have a 4 TI 4600 from MSI. I will buy a new card. But at this time i dont know if i should buy a ati 9700 or a gf fx. What do you say? ATI made great cards last time. They are now on pole. But all previews are saying that gf fx will bring pole back to nvidia and they mean that project 350 (new card from ati from mid of 2003 on) is not so good.

What i mean is that the mx card brakes out the rest of your computer. Lets take a look on unreal 2 or c&c generals. My mx card is now used by my uncle with an xp 2000. He dont play generals but has major problems getting high fps on his system because of his grafics card.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: February 25, 2003 01:59PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
I'm struggling going back to GP4 again after playing F1 2002. It looks so sloooow and I think this is due to the 28FPS (I run @ about 40FPS on F12002)

I have the specs below and I run @ 1074*768 with all details on full except heat haze and videowalls off, Mirrors to trackside objects and Environment maps to static.

I get reccommended 43FPS, but I run @ 28 because the PO never goes above 100%. I'm told though that it looks faster and smoother at about 35+.

Is ther anything I could do to gain those extra 7 or 8 FPS without hitting the PO. I haven't tried any config files yet because I'm not sure that there are any for my specs!

Thanks

Date: February 26, 2003 01:00AM
Posted by: Thanop
Hi eveyone
Check this out: [www.aceshardware.com]
It's part of the "Gamer's Upgrade guide"

Although It doesn't talk about graphics settings, It does show us that instead of replacing our MX we should focus on the CPU

Have a nice day!
Date: February 26, 2003 06:21AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Yeah......it has taken a PO hit, I used to get around 80-100% in cockpit, now I get 200% but hey, I can't drive in cockpit anyway!!! I drive from the airbox cam, getting around 110% PO but no slowdown. btw I just hit 49fps thru tweaking :D

The .cfg file is on this site. Seriously, its incredible. I mean, guys, this GF4 mx series was always said to be a glorified GF2, but wtf?! Ah well.

Dave I agree about 98SE, its a real hastle. I spent 2 hrs trying to get my usb printer to work on it (it does now) and its less flash than xp or 2000 pro. But if its doubling my fps.......I can live with it ;)

And this card only costs £40 odd quid!!!

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: April 11, 2003 02:18PM
Posted by: sasjag
I have an MX card an 98SE!!!

*runs to getmajor tom's config file*

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: April 11, 2003 02:49PM
Posted by: JackieStewart
xpis as bad as me. I've been through 4 os's in the last year. Me was by far the worst but XPPro wasn't far behind it.

....................I quite like this now.
Date: April 11, 2003 04:03PM
Posted by: Alex13
Can't wait to see if a geforce Fx will be the first card to run GP4 with full detail and max res with 60fps

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Isn't GP4 all about CPU and not the card?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy