What are the criteria...

Posted by nicol@cciarri 
What are the criteria...
Date: February 24, 2003 03:25AM
Posted by: nicol@cciarri
with which files can be considered GREAT?
In my opinion, Minardi and Bar 2002 carshapes are GREAT ( they are the most realist carshapes available; are mapped with great textures; have damage model...).
Since we cannot see the preview of them when downloading, the only parameter is the great definition.
Therefore: probably they are not great files for webmasters...
I should like to have the opinion of people that downloaded these files.
Thank You

nicol@cciarri
Re: What are the criteria...
Date: February 24, 2003 04:37AM
Posted by: JPM
I think the FW24 carshape by Zachary Griffin can be considered great; Don't you think Nicola?

controlli il mio nicola di profilo! ;-)

Cheers
JPM
Date: February 24, 2003 05:36AM
Yes, Zachary made a good work....and I said him.
The problem, anyway, is not why my ( and Schroeder's ) files are not pointed as great....I should like in which way the files are considered so.
Since there are no previews, unfortunally, Great or not great definition is important.
Therefore: I should suggest to point as Great only files that are downloade in a such number, and not automatically in some ones, and in other not.

nicol@cciarri
Date: February 24, 2003 09:46AM
Posted by: FortKnox
good question

Date: February 24, 2003 08:03PM
Hey Nicola,

Are you talking about your Jordan that you sent me the screenshots of?

Cheers JPM

P.S io mi ciamo Zachary Griffin
Date: February 25, 2003 12:28AM
No
My first carshape ( Jordan ) had some limits, and also in my opinion there are better carshapes than it.
I was meanining about Minardi and Bar 2002 carshapes, made by me and Schroeder. In my opinion, they are the most detailed carshapes for these 2002 models...but they are not GREAT on this web.
But the real problem, as I said, is how to call GREAT a file.
In my opinion ( repeat, my...) this site should offer a preview of the files, without any definition ( GREAT ).
People can see before to download how is this file, and the number of downloads will say if that file is GREAT or not.
Bruno , and Stephan ( webmasters ) are friends for me...so, I hope they accept this my suggestion, not thinking about it only as a criticism.

nicol@cciarri
Date: February 25, 2003 03:56AM
I think that your TOYOTA and especially your MINARDI are amazing. I think that 1 reason is that Bruno etc hasn't rated it as great is because they could quite possibly be busy. Send them an E-Mail and ask them why?

Cheers

Zachary Griffin aka JPM
Date: February 25, 2003 04:17AM
Posted by: Ellis
Only the best files get rated great. If there is two brilliant ferraris out, the chances are that only one of these will get a great logo

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 25, 2003 05:38AM
Posted by: AveryGPFan
a preview and a 'rate this file/comments' bit

Date: February 25, 2003 06:00AM
Posted by: FortKnox

Date: February 25, 2003 06:09AM
Posted by: tux
Date: February 25, 2003 07:48AM
Posted by: JuniorFjr
Yeah, this is one thing lacking on this page... a preview image... maybe something is great to Mr. webmaster but not so for others...

Tyco Racing
Date: February 25, 2003 01:28PM
Posted by: schroeder
@ellis:
that is not really true what you said. go to the downloadbase and check it out. threre is sometimes more than one car rated great.
and, threre are no other or better shapes of the cars mentioned above.
Date: February 25, 2003 01:41PM
@ellis:
that is not really true what you said. go to the downloadbase and check it out. threre is sometimes more than one car rated great.
and, threre are no other or better shapes of the cars mentioned above.

What i gave is the orgional description from the orgional grandprix3.com

Dont shoot the messenger

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 25, 2003 04:25PM
ok. thats right man. :)
Date: February 25, 2003 05:41PM
Posted by: dnf
The BAR and Minardi carshapes are great as far as I am concerned. However, there is one problem I have with the Minardi, I don't know if anyone else has te same problem. When the Minardi is not withing about 3-4 seconds of you or it is a bit of a distance from the camera when you are watching a replay, the Minardi livery turns into a Prost livery! So if your not close to the Minardi it ends up looking like a Prost. This is strange cause I actually had a different Minardi livery on the prost shape before I installed this new Minardi + shape, so I thought if anything it would turn into the old Minardi, not the Prost! Is there a way to fix this? I installed it using GP4 master opening the cars.wad etc etc like I do to install all the cars and I haven't had a problem quite like this. I've had some strange stuff happen but I'm always able to fix it, I can't fix this prob though. Beside that, GREAT CARSHAPE!

Post Edited (02-26-03 00:45)

Q*GO NICK HEIDFELD!!!*Q
Date: February 25, 2003 07:17PM
thats coz its not been downsampled

Date: February 25, 2003 07:34PM
@dnf
just look here : [www.grandprix3.com]
it is a bit tricky, because we have new tex files for the new shape in lods 0-2.
the lower lods still use the tex files you had installed before.
Date: February 25, 2003 08:01PM
for 10 points ladies and gentle men,

what do we mean by downsampling?

BUZZZZ

erm, is it when we take the higher quality lods and make them lower qualities (smaller sizes) and assign them to the lower lods?

CORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRECT :)

(dont mind me, im just stupid :P)

Date: February 26, 2003 02:47AM
Jon, it might not be that tho. Tats 1 reason why, but if the lower lod shapes are mapped different it will have the same effect

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy