GP4 install probs

Posted by Lucky 
GP4 install probs
Date: February 23, 2003 09:30AM
Posted by: Lucky
Hi all,

My apologies if this has already been asked and I haven't found it.
Problem is as follows:

I can't install either GP3, GP3-2000 or GP4 on my computer anymore since I changed to XP. I get this message when I insert the CD-ROM and start installation:

GP3:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ERROR NUMBER
0x80040707
Failed to load DLL GP_Inst.dll
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GP4:

quote:
ERROR NUMBER
0x80040707
Failed to load DLL

Any one with suggestions what to do to make it work other than skipping the plans to play the game?
Re: GP4 install probs
Date: February 23, 2003 09:49AM
Posted by: Morbid
It seems to be a new one.

I think it is a bug in the Installshield program. Basically it can happen with every program that installs via installshield:

[lists.evolt.org]

According to this link, the bug was fixed in version 6.3.

[www.installshield.com]

Here is an article that discusses the issue. It is pretty much from a progammers point of view, and I don't think you will be using it that much:

[support.installshield.com]

there is also a basic article on getting around problems like this, but it does not seem to offer any specific solutions to your problem. I dunno if the workarounds will work or not, but they might be worth a try:

[support.installshield.com]

Perhaps the best bet is to d/l version 6.3x of the installshield program and see if that fixes it...

Good luck.

Edit: fixed the links.

Post Edited (02-23-03 16:50)

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Re: GP4 install probs
Date: February 23, 2003 10:03AM
Posted by: Morbid
I just found a forum that discusses this problem ONLY. Do not be fooled by the name " Special Topic : DosExecPgm Error", that was what the bug was called before 6.x of installshield.

There are several confirmed diagnosis of cause and solutions in this thread. I hope they work for you:

[www.installsite.info]

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy