Right thats it! Ive had a gutfull!!!

Posted by whingr ron 
Right thats it! Ive had a gutfull!!!
Date: February 22, 2003 06:09AM
Posted by: whingr ron
GP4 is about to disappear up my nextdoor neighbours cats ass if it doesnt stop giving me the @#$%&!!!

problem 1: Ive installed patch9.6, had to uninstall GP4 then tried to reinstall 9.6 and hey presto it tells me its already done but it isnt! (checked credits), and refuses with any further attempts.

problem 2: Whenever i load team/driver data, start a game and try to view the game from the outside view, it crashes, just like my brain is doing at the moment. I gather this is related to problem 1.

So because i dont have patch 9.6 installed, does this make all team editors (gp4 edit, gp4 master etc) useless?

And if so is there a team/driver editor that works with the good ol' original gp4exe.

Has anybody had success with team/driver editors without any bugs whatsoever, and how did you do it?

I will kiss the persons butt who can help me solve these problems.
Re: Right thats it! Ive had a gutfull!!!
Date: February 22, 2003 06:43AM
Posted by: Lo2k
Well, My TeamEditor, might work with both (original and patched version), anyhow, could you tell us what's your graphical card and if you uninstalled totally GP4 then reinstalled it before patching it ?
It would be a good starting point.

Post Edited (02-22-03 13:44)

Date: February 22, 2003 06:47AM
Posted by: Orpheus
"whingr ron "

i guess that explains it then jk

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: February 22, 2003 07:58AM
Posted by: LarryM
Take it easy Whinin ron. ;) Sorry just kidding. I have been there too.
Clean everything off your pc.
1. Uninstall and clean out all traces of the game. Start again.
2. Install GP4.
3. Start the game. and then exit.
4. Install the patch.
Now it should be fine and you can use several editors. However some do not work with the patch. Team editor latest version does work, I am sure of this. Gp4 master needs to be tricked (you make a copy of the unpatched gp4.exe and rename it to eg gp4_pld.exe and point Gp4 master at this file.

Look around this forum and use the search button for topics.

Good luck :)

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: February 22, 2003 10:24AM
Ok thanks for your help people, much appreciated.

However one other problem.

Before i go any further my system specs.

AMD Duron processor, 1.29ghz, 256 ram and a Geforce4 mx 440 graphics card.

Now, I uninstalled and reinstalled GP4, ran it once. Then i installed patch v9.6v1.02.

The team editor (Laurent Rousseau's Team Editor 1.0) seems to work fine, however for example when i pause the game, replay it and try to view from the outside (left arrow), the game crashes back to desktop.

Ive got my graphics set to 1024 *768 on my computer and have the same setting in the game itself. When calibrating the graphics in GP4 it comes up with a "no errors" message, so i gather its fine.

Im dumbfounded by this, any suggestions?
Date: February 22, 2003 10:38AM
Which graphic drivers are you using? get latest detonator. I've got 40.72. It sounds like a driver problem. Anybody got a better idea?

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: February 22, 2003 10:58AM
Posted by: Morbid
Oddly enough, the "no error" is an error message! You can read about it and what to do with it right here:

[www.grandprix3.com]

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: February 22, 2003 02:12PM
Posted by: marcl
If u uninstall GP4 from the pc,
Then remove it from windows regestry
Then reinstall GP4
Then the patch str8 away
U will not get the message that its already installed plus it seems to work better
Date: February 22, 2003 05:12PM
Getting there, getting there, maybe the next door neighbours cat will be saved!!!

Get this, the crashing to desktop thing when trying to view from the outside, it only happens when i try to view the 'Ferrari' from the outside. Not a Mclaren, not a Williams, a bloody Ferrari!

Would it be the graphics on the Ferrari itself causing this?

Please help a computer gumby?!

Got v1.02 installed, hooray!!!
Date: February 22, 2003 07:57PM
I only know about xp problems i see u are win98.

Just dont look at the ferrari lol. I really do not know the one car could cause the problem.

Sorry can not help u with that
Date: February 23, 2003 12:10AM
I hope you know how to use GP4Master. Actually, I think Viper's latest Ferrari comes with a wad update installer. In any case, it sounds like something in the Ferrari graphics is causing this. I would install Viper's Ferrari again.

Larry
Date: February 23, 2003 12:16AM
Actually i did find something out.

I downloaded a Ferrari from "Mr Evil" and he had this to say in his 'readme' text;

"There is a problem with GP4's Ferrari alpha channels. A correct
alpha channel can only be created for Liveries 2, not for Liveries 1. Therefore, I include an alternative texture within my set: The
original high res texture and another for the bug version.".

When i try a combination of high res text. with the others i can see the Ferrari in the outside mode, but unfortunately its like christmas, very white!!!

Being a computer thunderbird, i guess this is the problem then?!
Date: February 23, 2003 12:50AM
Could be? In any case Viper's Ferrari is the best available.

Larry
Date: February 23, 2003 08:00PM
Have to be honest I never download any thing from Mr Evil after reading what people say about his updates
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy