Albert Park, Melbourne 2001

Posted by JackiMatra 
Albert Park, Melbourne 2001
Date: February 21, 2003 05:16AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
Could you folks confirm for me that no one has done an Albert Park, Melbourne 2001 track graphics update for Grand Prix 4?

The only one that I have ever seen is allegedly the one by Ricardo Lampert at Multiplayer.it, but the download link to it does not work. I have never seen this offered at any other website, and as the file seemingly does not exist at Multiplayer.it either, it seems a fair assumption that this 2001 Melbourne graphics update for GP4 by Ricardo Lampert doesn't exist at all, but is merely an error on the part of Multiplayer.it.

I have never seen a 2001 Melbourne track update by anyone else at all available from any websites anywhere.

Does anyone here know of any?
Re: Albert Park, Melbourne 2001
Date: February 21, 2003 05:24AM
Posted by: LarryM
Are you having problems downloading because the site (all in Italian) wants a password or is it te case that the track does not exist? If the problem is the former, look here:

[www.grandprix3.com]

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: February 21, 2003 05:30AM
The problem is not the former.

I am a "registered" user of that website, which I went to the trouble of becoming when I discovered that they apparently had just about every "mod" ever made for Half-Life (many of which have long been unavailable anywhere else).

I am assuming that this particular file does not exist, as I cannot download it, and I have never had any difficulties downloading anything else from this website.
Date: February 21, 2003 06:11AM
Yes yes. Now I remember I know this problem. I had the same thing downloading the 2002 tracks. It requires tenacity. You get this screen that says something about not being able to connect. What you do is, repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and if your lucky the 5th or 8th time you are successful. I tried this when i got really pissed off with it. The reason I suspect is that the numbers of downloaders exceeds capacity or something. I got what I wanted eventually. Give it a try.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: February 21, 2003 03:37PM
So, no one is going to actually answer my question?

Has anyone actually ever successfully downloaded a 2001 Melbourne track graphics update for Grand Prix 4 from aywhere?
Date: February 21, 2003 05:11PM
Posted by: Zcott
I have not!

Date: February 22, 2003 01:16AM
Ok. I tried to download, but I got a blank window. I believe you. I snet an e-mail to Ricardo asking him to look into it. Watch this space.

Larry
Date: February 23, 2003 12:53PM
Posted by: Ricardo Lampert
I know that many guys are with difficulty to download my tracks in Multiplayer.it because not know the Italian language. Soon I will publish in my page [driving.multiplayer.it] one little tutorial in english explaining about "how make your register in Multiplayer.it"
Sorry for while.

RICARDO LAMPERT
"Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me. It's part of my life". Ayrton Senna
Date: February 23, 2003 01:05PM
Posted by: rahul
his tracks r available on this site...go to gp4 downloads.then tracks......all his tracks r here.......i'm using the melbourne 2002 right now.....it's pretty good!!

if u can't find it i'll give u the link!!
Date: February 23, 2003 01:13PM
rahul,

The title and subject of this thread is "Albert Park, Melbourne 2001", not Melbourne 2002.

Ricardo,
You didn't actually say whether you had made a Melbourne 2001 update.
Have you?
Date: February 23, 2003 02:21PM
Ok. My pc is currently downloading Melbourne 2001. I think there may have been a temporary block or something, but it's working as I write (55% downloaded) :)
Go get it JackiMatra! ;)

Larry
Date: February 23, 2003 02:41PM
Posted by: john-nicholas
I have Melbourne 2001 from RL. The curbs are red and white instead of red white and black.
Date: February 23, 2003 03:06PM
Posted by: Ricardo Lampert
Well I reccomend for who is using my Melbourne 2002 track to use the trackfile of my Melbourne 2002 track. This trackfile have the realistic lines of the streets of Albert Park. This lines was missing in the original track of GP4 and I added it. Just replace in the circuit folder of GP4 the S1ct01.dat file by this file in my zip file of Melbourne 2002 track. This trackfile run to anyone version of Melbourne but need of GPxPatch to run.
I forgot to tell that in grandprixgames.org have all my last tracks available to download.
Enjoy and have fun racing in Melbourne track !!!

RICARDO LAMPERT
home-page: [driving.multiplayer.it]
"Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me. It's part of my life". Ayrton Senna
Date: February 23, 2003 11:23PM
Thanks, Larry, I've got it now, too.

Thank you, also, Ricardo, but I just thought that I would point out that it would probably be appreciated by more than a few folks if your Melbourne 2001 for GP4 were more easily obtainable than only just from multiplayer.it .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy