To LarryM

Posted by rahul 
To LarryM
Date: February 19, 2003 11:18AM
Posted by: rahul
larrym..u have avery's cars.wad and anims.wad installed right???

and u said u use the original f1graphics.cfg file?????

do u get messed up ferrari texture and all white toyota.....if no and if you have modified that file plzzz send it to me at...rahulm@msn.com.plzz help me out.....i want more details while avery's file doesn't have too many details!!!!! thanx
Re: To LarryM
Date: February 19, 2003 12:23PM
Posted by: LarryM
No I don't. everything works fine. What's your hardware specs?
I sent you the file just now. Good luck.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: February 20, 2003 12:10PM
mine is pentium 4 1.6 ghz
win xp
geforce 2 64 mb
256mb ram
Date: February 20, 2003 01:55PM
You will need to reduce some of the settings if you want to keep reasonable fps. See my set up below. I get 30-33 fps with everything on full and 1280x1024 res.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: February 21, 2003 02:19AM
nope i'm having the same problem with your f1graphics.cfg file.......ferrari texture messed up and toyota is all white

would u have any idea how enable cockpit mirrors with full details and heat haze in avery's gaphics file????
Date: February 21, 2003 03:45AM
Posted by: Ellis
you must use the cars.wad supplied with the graphics file. The gfx file is designed to run with that cars.wad and nothing else

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 21, 2003 04:13AM
Really? I didn't download Avery's graphix file at all. I have been running Avery's cars.wad with what I already had. Works perfectly. What is it I don't understand? :(
If rahul downloaded both the cars.wad and the f1grahics file should n't all be well?
Why does my f1graphics (which i sent by e-mail to him) also create the problems rahul is experiencing with the same cars.wad? It doesn't for me. I'm missing something here.

Larry
Date: February 21, 2003 04:15AM
You can use the cars.wad without the Graphics file SOMETIMES

you cant use thre graphics file without the cars.wad tho

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 21, 2003 04:17AM
Posted by: sasjag
the cars all white coz ur using low res textures in game i think, coz i had the same problemo, and when i changed it so that the game used high res tex's they appeared again

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: February 21, 2003 04:23AM
That is exactly why u need to use the new gfx file with the carset

Date: February 21, 2003 05:17AM
Ok. So obviously my f1graphics uses high textures. I think I see. :-o
But if rahul uses my f1graphics (I sent it to him) with the same cars.wad as I am using. he should have no problem (since i don't), right?
Ok my ferrari's textures get "mixed up" if I mess with the graphics config. (eg. if I switch enviromental mapping between static and dynamic). Viper mentioned this in one of his readmes. His advice was: exit game and restart. This works everytime for me.

rahul: have you tried doing this?

Ellis:
Be patient with me ;), I may be a bit thick.

Larry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy