right boys, i need to mod my gp4

Posted by Beardless2 
right boys, i need to mod my gp4
Date: February 19, 2003 07:22AM
Posted by: Beardless2
sup,

After a leave of absence, ive started to get back into GP4. Just done a clean install and patched (1.02) it so everything is standard. I wanna get new carsets and all the other wicked stuff - but dunno whats good. Would really like the dogs bollox stuff. Would be good if u could post guides/images/links as ive never really done this b4.

Band of the week: Muse
Game of the week: Call of Duty

Beardless2

AMD XP 2700+ | Asus A7N8X nForce 2 Deluxe | 1 GB PC2700 RAM DC | ATI RADEON 9800 | WD 120GB 8MB | NEC 16x DVD | Lite-on 48x24x48 | XP
Re: right boys, i need to mod my gp4
Date: February 19, 2003 07:36AM
Posted by: LarryM
Go immediately to "awesome cars" thread. Do not pass "go", do not collect 200 pounds as you go. From there download the AveryGPfan's cars.wad. It will save you time and it has the best available cars. And you don't need to edit. Just replace the file in your GP4 directory.

[www.grandprix3.com]

Next go to Ricardo lampert's site for all the track updates.

[driving.multiplayer.it]

That will get you started. The other editors and stuff you can gather little by little.

Keep visiting this forum and you will get all you need.
;)

Post Edited (02-19-03 14:38)

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: February 19, 2003 07:38AM
Posted by: sharkhello
First mate it would be really usefull to know your pc spec, then recomending downloads would be easier!
Date: February 19, 2003 07:58AM
Right. But honestly, If he bought the game and has played it and is getting back in again, I bet he knows just how much processing power etc he needs. Goo d question though. I keep my specs in my signature- avoids these questions.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: February 19, 2003 08:01AM
Posted by: sasjag
i tried Avery's car.wad, it's good, but my poor PC struggles with it :';(

i use vipers 02 one atm, with Audi replacing arrows, of course

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: February 19, 2003 09:01AM
Posted by: Glyn
Awww :)

I use Vipers 01 stuff and that is excellent. Not tried anything 2002 myself yet.

Date: February 19, 2003 04:46PM
Posted by: Beardless2
thanx for ur replies. I think i will try Larry's advice in his first post. To sharkhello, i have a P3 866, 384 mb ram and a 128mb ti 4200, gp4 runs on high res at 22 fps at 90% PO. Will the new carsets do me any harm in terms of PO?

Band of the week: Muse
Game of the week: Call of Duty

Beardless2

AMD XP 2700+ | Asus A7N8X nForce 2 Deluxe | 1 GB PC2700 RAM DC | ATI RADEON 9800 | WD 120GB 8MB | NEC 16x DVD | Lite-on 48x24x48 | XP
Date: February 19, 2003 05:06PM
Posted by: LS.
do everything that larry has suggested, they are all what are included in my cameditor shots [www.grandprix3.com]

make sure you download GPXPatch too :)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: February 20, 2003 02:21PM
Posted by: nameless
i too have just restarted from scratch, unforunately no editors work with the patched version.... i am downloading the averygpfan wad but i have a very unreliable connection so it could take me days............. looks good though. Anyone know when any patch compatible editors will be out ?

it was so much easier with gp3...........................

in theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, in practice, there is.
Date: February 21, 2003 08:08AM
There are some that work. Even Gp4 master can be cheated. Just make a copy of the old (unpatched) gp4.exe and rename it to gp4old.exe. Put it in the game folder and point GP4 master at this exe. You can now edit atleast wad files. :)

A number of other editors work , eg. Team editor. You can change names of team and drivers, performance and import ready made performance files.

Look around, seek and ye shall find. ;)

Larry
Date: February 21, 2003 01:56PM
Posted by: nameless
ive been forced to revert to the unpatched version anyway as averygpfans wad wouldnt work with the patched version

this has allowed be to make some allterations, but im trying to wait for some 2003 mods

in theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, in practice, there is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy