I got shut out of Alphaf1's forum

Posted by LarryM 
I got shut out of Alphaf1's forum
Date: February 14, 2003 04:14AM
Posted by: LarryM
Yes, it's true. Matti Lightinen finally got fed up with me posting slightly misspelt links to grandprixgames and has shut me out completely. The last straw seems to have been, when I repeatedly posted links for Kudoz's maclaren shape. The good thing is, that Matti got off his arse and actually got Kudoz's mclaren uploaded yesterday to alphaf1.

I shall have to access the forum through another connection and leave him a parting shot. Actually, come to think of it, the second last last straw was when I mentioned that Matti wants to stop links to "the best gp4 forum on the net"

In case you don't know who I am talking about, read the following:

MATTI

Aliases: Gollum, Trahald, Slinker, Stinker, Matti
Date of Birth: 2430 T.A
Race: Hobbit of the Stoor strain
Height: between 3-4 feet, when not hunched over
Date of Death: 3019 T.A.
Alignment: Evil

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Re: I got shut out of Alphaf1's forum
Date: February 14, 2003 04:24AM
Posted by: andrew_S
mate you were spamming in the end, i didnt mind and i agreed with you in the start, but at some point it verges on spamming and 6 posts of the same in a row when other people are asking genuine questions was not on, it was your own fault

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: February 14, 2003 04:38AM
Spamming? Yes, but only because he consistently removed (sometimes within minutes of my posting) every post with a link to this site. The only way to ensure that someone might actually get to read what was a valid post and link was to post several under different names. Out of the three I posted yesterday he only missed one. The question is, why did he remove the first one? Was it because I explained to people how to go around his link-corrupt s--t.

But in th end, you are right: spamming is spamming. I should be ashamed of myself. and at this age!
:(

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: February 14, 2003 06:27AM
Posted by: jp2
if matti doesnt want links to other sites in his forum, he' s got the right to think so. just dont do it. (my personal opinion)

greetings, jp
Date: February 14, 2003 07:07AM
Posted by: variante_ascari
rotflmao!!! =D
well...for him...those links are his 'precious'...he won't let us 'stole it from him'
=P

Date: February 14, 2003 07:08AM
Posted by: Timm
Join the banned club Larry, Join the club

Date: February 14, 2003 07:34AM
Posted by: variante_ascari
cool...!!! =D

Date: February 14, 2003 08:09AM
Posted by: Larry
Thank goodness we don't have that kind of over-moderation on this forum. It would only encourage the type of spamming that they get on the alphaf1 forum. ;)

Larry-the-youngster

Post Edited (02-14-03 15:11)
Date: February 14, 2003 10:11AM
Posted by: Covfan
As I have posted before about it. Back in the Network 54 days the spamming was awful. I mean some idiots managing to post on the whole of a forum page.

'www.grandprix2.com rules you all, you are all crap'

This is why he doesn't like outside links from Alpha F1. And idiots like you Larry are hardly convincing him otherwise.
Date: February 14, 2003 10:19AM
Posted by: andrew_S
its true, hes a wanker when it comes to that, it wouldnt be so bad if he gave some clarification why, etc but he deletes and ignores.....

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: February 14, 2003 11:15AM
Posted by: Spike02
who gave matti permission to upload my shape? i didn't :S

anyway, doesn't matter, at least my name is famous :P

Date: February 14, 2003 12:33PM
Posted by: sasjag
lol, and myn :P :D

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: February 14, 2003 12:38PM
sorry, but who are you? j/k ;P

Date: February 14, 2003 12:43PM
Posted by: sasjag
lol

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: February 14, 2003 04:44PM
Posted by: Ellis
who gave matti permission to upload my shape? i didn't :S

I cane beat that. When i released the ITC merc he removed some lines from the GP4Form.txt and then uploaded it without permission.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 14, 2003 11:51PM
Actually he has only shut me out via my work pc. I can still access the forum via home ;). But enough said. Let's leave the poor creature to play with himself.

Larry
Date: February 15, 2003 05:01AM
Posted by: Incast
I'm no huge fan of Mattis i find his policies ridiculous and wonder sometimes if he has a screw(or ten...) loose... Him putting up your work without permission is inexcusable. However, the AlphaF1 forums have a lot of good people on them. Please don't forget that. It's such a great community just run by a rather strange person.
Date: February 15, 2003 05:08AM
it's fine that matti put up my work and i'm more than willing to distribute elsewhere. what i find strange is that he put it up without telling me first. i didn't know my work was up until you, LarryM, posted here. also i noticed he deleted my preview picture that had |< |_| D o Z stamped on and a line from the bottom of my Gp4form.txt..........

"Want sources for GP4? Head on down to www.gpgames.de"

sheesh.......

Post Edited (02-15-03 12:31)
Date: February 15, 2003 08:36AM
Posted by: Larry
Modifying the Gp4form.txt file! Isn't that going overboard? Maybe you have to add a line in the Gp4form.txt file forbidding modification of the Gp4form.txt file. But he would probably delete that line, too! Truly amazing!
Date: February 15, 2003 09:00AM
Posted by: Glyn
it's fine that matti put up my work and i'm more than willing to distribute elsewhere. what i find strange is that he put it up without telling me first. i didn't know my work was up until you, LarryM, posted here. also i noticed he deleted my preview picture that had |< |_| D o Z stamped on and a line from the bottom of my Gp4form.txt..........

I know the feeling. When I wrote a GP3 util (ok, kinda crappy and didnt really work, but thats not the point) I didnt include a gpform.txt file because I didnt want to. I submitted to Alpha F1 and all he did was link to my website because I hadnt included this file. The reason I wanted it on Alpha F1 is because I couldnt handle the bandwidth.

He's a knob :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy