loading times!!!

Posted by kit-kat 
loading times!!!
Date: February 10, 2003 05:45PM
Posted by: kit-kat

Could someone tell me if it makes a difference to what drive you install the game, i.e before I had it installed in C: drive under programme files/infogrames/gp4 but now i have done a clean install now running windows millennium edition & i have installed it in D: drive under games/infogrames/gp4

there seems to be a difference in loading times longer then before just when it's loading the track (after you have been in set-up ect) I've only installed the patch v9.6 & the no cd patch!!!
Re: loading times!!!
Date: February 10, 2003 05:49PM
Posted by: Vader
- Are C: and D: on physically seperate discs or is it one big disc with two partitions?
- If you have two drives do they have equal speeds?
- How are they connected (master, slave)?
- is the windows virtual memory swap file on the same drive as your installation?
- since you said "clean install" the defrag state should be no issue.
- and ...
- and ...
- tbc ad infinitum

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 10, 2003 06:35PM

both the same drive with windows on C:
Date: February 11, 2003 01:08AM
Posted by: rayg
Did you have ME before??? I use to use it and found it very slow and crashes alot! I've gone back to 98SE for games now which runs fine!
Date: February 11, 2003 04:55AM

no it was windows 98, everyhing else is fine just a wee bit longer @ loading gp4 that's all :(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy