I CAN'T EVEN LOAD A SAVED GAMEv9.6 IN PATCHED GP4 9.6!! :) GP4 IS ****!!

Posted by BYF 
Ive recently returned to gp4 hoping for some improvements. I have just installed the patch and i know u cannot load gp4 v1.00 saves but it won't even load gp4saves im making in the patched version including setups, control setings and game saves just says "no error", even that messege is wrong :) what a joke !! it should say error, jesus!!. Ive had it with this game, its been utterly ruined by terrible bugs and is not worth the bother, its complete **** and is going in the bin!!!!!!!!!!

GPL is miles better and not buggy and its in its 5th year!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

BYF
I know how you feel. However GP4 does work well, once you have set it up right. You must make a clean install of the game before patching. I think that is the reason for he "No error" message. Be patient, it is worth it. I speak as a former F12002 enthusiast. :) Ithink you should run the game once before patching also.

BTW, I just bought GPL a coule of weeks ago. Updated it with cars and tracks....fantastic game and hard as hell to manage. I'm learning. :-))

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
LarryM, you almost got it right. There is a different reason for the "No error" problem, but following SDI's description of the problem, it seems very unlikely, that it can happen in a clean installed, patched version of the game. SDI is working on a fix that will be in the next version of GpxPatch. All you need to known is described here:

[www.grandprix3.com]

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Just to let you know that i am using a clean install patched version of gp4 and im still getting the "no error messege"!!! :( :( :(

BYF

i've just done a clean install & new operation system (windows millennium) & installed the patch & my saved game works ok but my save games were
straight out of the box tho v1.0 i think
but my save games were straight out of the box

:( I had no save games in my box. I had to play and save myself.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

ha friggin ha
GPL is miles better and not buggy and its in its 5th year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the arrogence here. Its better...in its 5th year....but it took 5 years to get to where it is now. GP4 is new and buggy, and im sure GPL wasnt perfect when it came out

your also doing an unfair comparrison between a game based in the 1970 (?) and a game based in 2001.

Please do not post in capitals TOO much. when everyone starts donig that it takes away the point of posting in capitals. If u had searched instead of posting in ur anger, you wud have found the soloution. you wudnt even have had to use the search function cos the answer to your problem is very new

I speak as a former F12002 enthusiast.

how good is your ice skating?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
calm doen ellis!!

I did do a search and none of the solutions work!! :( though i did look at the link morbid provided but i don't understand a word of it im afraid?!! :(

Ive even tried another fresh install and patched it etc etc, but when i make a save i cannot reload it, good old "no error" appears.

I thought forums are for helping people with problems not shouting about how stupid newbies are!!

BYF
im not shouting. Its just alot of ppl post there posts in capitals, and for why i see no reason.

if nothing is working, try asking infogrames themselves? Maybe (big maybe) they might have the answer?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
check here: [alphaf1.host.sk]

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy