minardi and toyota mix-up

Posted by LarryM 
minardi and toyota mix-up
Date: February 09, 2003 10:35AM
Posted by: LarryM
I've tried all kind of stunts, but I never seem to arrive at a satisfactory solution. After messing around with AveryGPfan's cars.wad I now have the Minardi carshape on the toyota- good :) , I didn't like the half finished Toyota shape. (The toyota is in the Toyota pits and the toyota team look after it. The minardi is in the minardi pits and the Minardi team are ok).

However I now have:
- the Toyota shape on the Minardi :(
- Two Alex Yoongs :-o , one in a minardi and one pretending to be Allan Mcnish in a Toyota
- Mark webber is in the toyota-shape- minardi, no problem.
- in the driver menu Minardi and Toyota are reversed (so actually, Allan Mcnish thinks he is Mark Webber etc.)

Does anyone have any solutions for the above problems. I have already wasted (invested) about 5 hours with the fr--ggin' cars.wad hot

All advice welcome. Thanks
:(

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Re: minardi and toyota mix-up
Date: February 09, 2003 11:00AM
Posted by: tux
teh carshapes have 2 copyes, driver 1 and driver 2

Date: February 09, 2003 11:14AM
Posted by: AveryGPFan
so your saying the Minardi shape works with the Toyota textures and so you've got four minardi shapes, that'd be good:)

- the Toyota shape on the Minardi
Is because it'll be using the Prost cars(Toyota Team 11 if you swapped them round, Minardi last) Bit confusing!!
Try copying the minardi .GP4(s) and renaming as prost.gp4(s) .. in fact don't think that'll work - maybe have to reassign textures in Zmodeler!!

The thing is the Minardi shape can have only one set of textures assigned to it so I guess you've renamed the toy textures to Minardi and the Prost will still be Toyota shape. See if I can get toy textures on Minardi shape in Zmodeler..

Post Edited (02-09-03 19:11)

Date: February 09, 2003 01:19PM
Been tinkering with Zm. Think the Toyota car is based on or almost exactly the same as the Minardi. Tried using the Minardi shape with Toy textures and the helmet is still not right although the cockpitdmg.tga is assigned now so looks much better:)

Post Edited (02-09-03 20:21)

Date: February 09, 2003 02:11PM
Great AveryGpfan. I'm glad that there is an explanation. I was getting frustrated. Are you saying that we can get 4 minardi shapes ?

(I too noticed that the toyota and he Minardi are the same basic shape- can't understand why he didn't finish the job).

Weird that the helmet gets assigned to the car shape, and why only Alex Yoong? Well cloning not illegal yet, I suppose.

let me know if you get a solution and thanks for taking an interest.

BTW any news of the new mclaren chape? Spike2 (can't remeber the weird other name he uses or his original Chinese name) had problems uploading. In fact I can no longer find his previous work at the sight where I found it. Pity. Has he upset someone, do you think?

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: February 09, 2003 02:50PM
There must already be four Minardi shapes. May have a go at getting helmet in right position:)
Think you mean Kudoz - don't know if his newer Mclaren is here yet..

Post Edited (02-09-03 21:51)

Date: February 10, 2003 02:54AM
Is your cars.wad download link in the awesome cars thread updated constantly?
If yes, and I download it can I copy the carshapes for inardi and Toyota from it and place them in my modified cars.wad? Maybe it's better to just put the whole cars.wad and anim.wad in my game. :)

Larry
Date: February 10, 2003 03:12AM
The last thing I changed in it was the Mclaren by Kudoz - didn't you swap the Minardi and Toyota teams round, Toyota is team 11 (Prost) in the wad.
Some of the helmets need changing let me know if you spot things that need doing. The wad i'm using has the SauberC22, newer Jaguar and a Toyota with better helmet posistion will update once finished racing at Imola:)
Looks like some guys are making even more awesome cars check the Toyota link from Berger Fan in the Toyota based on Guyon Waltmans..
Date: February 10, 2003 08:01AM
Thanks R. I'll check it out and let you know. Yeah , cool looking draft Toyota.
:)

Larry
Date: February 10, 2003 11:17AM
Hi again R. I just installed your cars.wad and anim.wad. First impressions:
The Minardi looks otherwise ok, BUT it keeps turning white (losing textures) at certain distances (not right close up, but mid- distance to near). Flashs on and off. weird.

Mark Webber has Alex Yoong's helmet (Ie. there are 2 yoongs in the Minardi team). The helmet textures look slightly different (a bit more faded in Webber's version)

Raikkonen is using Mikä Häkkinen's helmet.

Thoughts?

Larry
Date: February 10, 2003 11:55AM
The white Minardi thing is wierd - make sure the PO doesn't go above 120 willl do some testing on it. I'll have to find Mark and Kimi helmets. Thnx for feedback:)
Date: February 10, 2003 12:28PM
I fixed the Minardi by updating your cars.wad with Guyon Waltman's textures. In replacing the files, one was of a different size than the Avery-wad's version. Sorry don't know which one. :(

The helmet thing is really weird. I use Carset creator (I temporarily exhanf´ge exes to do this). I can then see each helmet texture separately and replace them with new ones one by one. I did this and included several opaque visors. But when I opened the game,: no opaque visors and contrary to what the imported/exported helmets idicate in carset creator, 2 alex yoong's helmets!! hot They are NOT the same textures though. Could one of Minardi carshapes include helmet textures which are covering my export? Beats me.

Anyway thanks for the great wad again. The only thing (apart from the helmet) is that the Toyota and Minardi garages are switched( This is why I switched the cars anf pitcrew originally, causing all that problem).

If you want agood set of helmets both see-throufh and opaque with detail and alternative helmets for all combinations last year, you can get them here:
[www.f1helmets.tk]

by Raymond Smits

Good luck!

Larry
Date: February 10, 2003 02:55PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
Use a hexeditor. Take your shape you want to change and search for minardi. Rename it to the texture used by you. So the teamproblem is solved. If you use toyota as prost dont forget to change the shape names to prost.

Rename all names into the shape (with a hexeditor) to prost. Than change the settings in your exe (with cc4 or gp4edit) and change the helmets.

Use cc4 for changing grid previews.

Its also possible to change this between a season. Use championship editor for that.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: February 10, 2003 04:03PM
Thnx for Helmet link LarryM, much better than the ones I used!!:)
Date: February 12, 2003 04:08AM
Posted by: Timm
Larry/Avery.

Got the latest Wad with the Mclaren and Saubers in but I'm using the Config file from the slightly older Wad.

I have the Minardi/Toyota problem mentioned but I also have a problem with the Ferrari. The textures are in incorrect positions on the car so it actually looks like a Toyota!

Unless, of course, it IS a Toyota underneath?

As I'm completely crap at using the GP4 utilities (and I'm short of time constantly), I was hoping that the old copying LOD's and renaming them and swapping bits around could be done already so that the Wad is ready to use straight away.

Or am I being a twat? ( it's OK, sometimes I can be!)

Date: February 12, 2003 04:29AM
Now that I don't have. :-o
The Ferrari (Viper's) can be temporarily tricky if you mess about with the graphics options. This means eg. if you switch to or from the dynamic / static environmental mapping and then go to play, you will probably find that your Ferrari's textures are corrupted. No need for panic (Viper mentioned this in his readme). You just exit the game and restart it and all should be ok. Is this your problem, or can you see "Panasonic" and "Wella" written on the Ferrari?

Larry
Date: February 12, 2003 05:14AM
Don't think I can see the sponsors, just white flashes where red should be.
Seems to be the correct red colour.

I haven't changed the bump mapping but I probably have changed a couple of lines like the visor and track detail.

Would the new config file sort this or is it the same as the first one?

Date: February 12, 2003 05:19AM
Hi Timm,
Sounds to me like youv'e got the phenomenen I mentioned above. It should go away when you start the game again. However, everytime you mess with the config file (or graphics options) or maybe even calibrate the graphics you may get it again. So its exit and restart and all should be well. I hope this is all it is. Good luck ;)

Larry
Date: February 12, 2003 06:52AM
Tried that last night.

Got Save changes on Exit ticked and shut it down 3 or 4 times.

Any other ideas?

Date: February 12, 2003 07:24AM
Jep. Download Viper's ferrari and update the cars.wad with it in GP4 master. If there is still a problem after that, then I am dumbfounded.

Larry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy