2 player LAN champ. possible?

Posted by Mav777 
2 player LAN champ. possible?
Date: February 04, 2003 03:37AM
Posted by: Mav777
Hi,

Can someone tell me if it's possible to play a Championship over a LAN with 2 players where you get to qualify and take part in a season. So far all I can do is get a 2 player game going over LAN..but there's no qualifying...just a single race type scenario...where both cars are shoved to the front of the grid.

In GP3 you could play a championship with 2 players over a LAN...a lot of fun.
The manual of GP 4 tends to indicate you can.

I can't find an option to do it?

What is the go??? I'd like to know if I have to try and fix something or whether there is simply no such option despite what the manual says.
Re: 2 player LAN champ. possible?
Date: February 04, 2003 05:36AM
Posted by: Xero
Unfortunately you can't! They took it out for some reason... possibly too buggy or something! I was really disappointed too, cause I did a 2 player LAN championship on GP3, and it was simply brilliant! Maybe it will be added with a patch in the future... pretty unlikely though!

Date: February 04, 2003 12:43PM
Posted by: Glyn
I wish I could do a 2 player LAN in any GP game. I'd install GP3 again to do that. I remember playing GP2 with my dad, but im at the stage of Ace difficulty with no aids, and he's on rookie with auto brakes. Kinda easy to win :)

The only other F1 fan I know who lives near by doesnt really like GP3 onwards so thats out of the question. Plus, he isnt very good either :)

Date: February 04, 2003 09:49PM
Posted by: Mav777
Well that's all a bit of a bummer really....especially when the manual goes to the trouble of talking about it...surely it couldn't have been too hard to add in...

so what do all these guys in these LAN competition things do? Not qualify...race single races etc. and score externally?

Anyway if a Grand Prix 5 ever does come maybe they can make sure they get it in there...a Championship with multiplayers over a LAN really would be fantastic...

Does the EA F1 Game offer better LAN mutliplayer options...including qualifying and Computer opposition? Maybe migrating is an option...
Date: February 06, 2003 01:14PM
Posted by: Glyn
Does the EA F1 Game offer better LAN mutliplayer options...including qualifying and Computer opposition? Maybe migrating is an option...

Yes it does, but migrating is never an option, unless you want to race F1 cars on black ice.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy