Can't work it out!

Posted by Huddo 
Can't work it out!
Date: February 03, 2003 07:53AM
Posted by: Huddo
I am new to this FORUM, very impressed.

I wonder if anyone can help. Ive been playing GP4 for a while now on a P42.8 with 512 PC2700 memory and a ti4600 Graphics card. It runs like a dream (as you can imagine) but I have been having problems trying to edit the cars etc. I have downloaded GP4 Master together with others, they all run Ok except they tell me to have the decrypted exe file. I have downloaded this but still it fails to load.

I would love to play this game with the latest car shapes and skins but just can't get to grips with it, unfortunately i'm not a tech head !!!

I have tried everything I can to the point of having to re-install the game several times as I have mucked things up!

My point is this, can anyone direct me to, or send me via e-mail, the files I need to put straight into GP4 to allow me to play with the updated graphics, or do you need the GP4 Master? Is this possible or not?

I have tried this with the patched version and the standard version but no joy.

I appreciate the files would be large (I am presuming?) but I am on Broadband so it shouldn't take too long to download.

I would really appreciate someone sending me the updated car files, if this is possible, as I am missing out on some brilliant work by people out there.

Thanks for listening.

HUDDO
Re: Can't work it out!
Date: February 03, 2003 07:55AM
Sorry to sound so pathetic but I dont think i'll ever grasp the editing thing!

HUDDO
Date: February 03, 2003 08:04AM
Posted by: jp2
for a start, you need

a "cars.wad" file (new graphics),

gpxpatch 3.31 (timings and many many other useful gimmicks, very easy to use, read the help-file) ,

and a performance file (so that the drivers sit in the right car and have correct performances, not so important at the begining).

also check the "awesome cars" thread. and keep asking this forum. they are all crazy but willing to help you.

greetings, jp
Date: February 03, 2003 08:14AM
Thanks for the reply.

Have got GPX Patch which is superb. I cannot get GP4 Master to work though. It tells me I need a decrypted exe file. I get this and replace the in game one with the decrypted one but it still says I havent got the right file, it tells me it needs to be a certain size, so obviouslt this is not the right one.

HHHHHHEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPP!

HUDDO
Date: February 03, 2003 08:18AM
Posted by: RichE
download the wad from the awesome cars thread and you wont need GP4 master,you simply replace the wad in your GP4 file with the downloaded one.The reason you are having problems with GP4 master is that you need the de-crypted .exe for the unpatched version not 1.02,hope this helps.
Date: February 03, 2003 09:06AM
Posted by: Lo2k
Yep, i agree with RichE, you surely downloaded the 1.02 decrypted exe and original GP4Master doesn't work with it.
You have to solutions:
- Download the 1.0 decrypted exe
- Download the 1.02 compliant GP4Master on my site here :
[realgpx.free.fr]

Good luck :)

Post Edited (02-03-03 16:09)

Date: February 04, 2003 05:31AM
Sorted it out, magaged to download the cars file and extract using WINRAR.

A few issues that I have posted in the Awesome cars thread.

Thanks HUDDO
Date: February 04, 2003 06:13AM
I have downloaded your 1.02 and it runs OK. I still get invalid EXE file though even though I am running the new patched version AAAARRRRGGGGHHH! Any ideas?

HUDDO
Date: February 04, 2003 08:54AM
No luck i'm afraid, have tried all afternoon to get this GP4 Master working. It says that the Gp4exe is the wrong size, even though i'm using the patched version with Gp4 Master 1.02 from your site above!

Stupid computers!

HUDDO
Date: February 04, 2003 12:14PM
Posted by: LarryM
Hei Huddo,
I know your problem. Listen up (I learnt this on this forum).

-You neeed to have decrypted GP4.exe (patched version1.02) in your game folder. That way the game runs well and you don't need the cd.
- make a copy of the decrypted old GP4.exe (1.00) and rename it to old_GP4.exe.
- Configure GP4Master by pointing to the old_GP4.exe.It will work.

When you use GP4 Master (if you havn't before), you might need more advice. ;-)

Post Edited (02-05-03 07:39)

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy