Question

Posted by Jakie 
Question
Date: January 31, 2003 06:51PM
Posted by: Jakie
Why is it that the Processor Occupancy in practice is far less than that of a race, and what graphics adjustments can I make to compensate for this? (In other words, what can I live with and live without in the graphics options?)

Seems particularly worse at Spa! (especially at the bus stop chicane and at the braking point to the first corner!

Game runs as smooth as silk in practice, but start a race and the play slows down considerably in some areas.

Also, what frame rate should I use when the game suggests a certain frame rate (eg. 22 FPS)? Should I manually set it higher, lower, or leave as is?

Windows XP
Dell Pentium 4 - 1.6 gh processor
80 gb hard drive @ 7200rpm
256 mb Ram
64 mb nvidia geforce 2 mx/mx400 video card
GP4 patch version 9.6 installed
GPXPatch331 installed
Re: Question
Date: January 31, 2003 07:01PM
Posted by: Ellis
Why is it that the Processor Occupancy in practice is far less than that of a race, and what graphics adjustments can I make to compensate for this? (In other words, what can I live with and live without in the graphics options?)

The Processor Occupancy (PO) will always be higher in a race because it has to draw more cars on screen and has to process where all the cars are on the track, and work with them. In practice, there is less cars so less for the CPU to do, which means more for the preformace of the game

Often chaing settings in the gfx area within the game will not make much difference. But tweaking outside of GP4 will be required, in GP4s config files. The file which i use dropped my PO down to 100%, and uped my FPS to 33 from 20.

that file can be found here

[www.richardavery.f2s.com] (bout 8k big?)

If you do not have the GPxPatch, then download it from this sites home page. That will help GP4s preforamce greatly.

If you experiance problems with that gfx file that i gave u the url for there, then i suggest using this carset (8mb big)

[www.richardavery.f2s.com]

This has boosted my GP4 Preformace by alot. Why i dont know, but i dont care either!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 01, 2003 02:01AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
If you are using the in game graphics menus, you really need to drop the FPS down by 3-4FPS than what it suggests (IMO anyway :D)

Date: February 01, 2003 05:28AM
Posted by: Incast
I agree with Go Alesi i get 30fps recommended and 26fps is just right.
Date: February 01, 2003 05:53AM
Posted by: broders
there is also less PO in practise because there is no crowd
Date: February 01, 2003 09:25AM
Posted by: Glyn
Also remember that the PO display takes some PO power. You can see the effect for yourself by pressing and holding the "O" key. If the processor is being worked, the game will slow down when the key is pressed.

Better off using FRAPS really.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy